Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclock Problem

Default Overclock Problem

Hi, this is my first post here. I have some overclocking issues that need to be sorted out. I recently did a cheap upgrade new cpu, mobo, memory, compared to my old computer this was a huge leap. However the one thing I did keep from my old comp was my video card which I had upgraded previously. I got my new comp up and running without a problem, I've been able to overclock the cpu and memory fine. However whenever i try to overclock my video card now even by 1 mhz, any game that i play afterwards starts to stutter, like 10fps. If I dont overclock its fine, but its odd that even in my old comp I was able to oc my video card even though the preformance was limited by my cpu.
    Current cpu is 3200+ winchester with gigabyte K8NSC939 my video card is an ASUS 9560TD. Any and all help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Default Re: Overclock Problem

What drivers are you using and what method are you using to overclock the card?

I've used RivaTuner, and Asus' Smart Doctor to overclock both have yielded the same results. For drivers I'm using Asus' Forceware 7189 with their Enhanced driver. My chipset is using nvidias unified driver, version 510 according to the gigabyte website and I've downloaded the latest amd processor driver 1.2.2.2 .However I've had to reformat since I first built this comp, in the first build I used some modified driver XG 77.?? can't remember but I couldn't overclock then, and I know I could do it with that set of drivers because I had used them in my previous comp. Its not that I really need to overclock, I just want to know why I can't anymore. Thanks hope this helps a bit.

Asus' Forceware? Try the drivers on nvidia.com.
    BTW is fastwrites enabled in the BIOS and in the drivers? I don'ts ee why it would matter, but it's one possibly relevent thing that could have changed with the upgrade.

Ya Asus, they used to make drivers with the "enhancements" in them a while ago, but it appears that they've made it standalone, so its basically nvidia's 71.89 drivers i was using. Upped to the latest version at nvidia's site 77.72 still the same problem, but I've narrowed it down to just the video memory giving me the problems, could it be damaged? Seems strange that anything above its startup speed causes some slow fps, it doesnt appear to be running hotter than normal. Also I've tried taking off fastwrites, changed agp to 4 down from 8, changed aperature to 64 down from 128 and still no fix.

You mean it's only a problem when you overclock the card's memory? Hard to say whether or not that means it's damaged. I don't really know of anything else you can do in the drivers, but then I don't have any nVidia video cards ATM. Maybe someone else knows of more options to change in there that could affect this.

Yes my cards memory.

Thread Information