Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Safe temp zone in nVtweak

Default Safe temp zone in nVtweak

Hey, all. I'm using nVtweak to OC my Leadtek GEforce 6600GT. First time overclocking anything, and I figured it was safer to start on a GPU than a CPU
    Anyway, in the NV display panel showing my gpu core temp, I'm consistently in the yellow while gaming. My question: Is it safe to stay in the upper yellow temp zone (80-90) for long periods of time? My resting temp is still 55, and I don't game for long periods of time except for maybe once a week, four or five hours during the LAN parties.
    Please advise as to the safety of doing this. Thanks for all your help!

Default Re: Safe temp zone in nVtweak

Sorry, I didn't say that those temps are C, and my threshold GPU temp is showing as 127C. Thanks.

You should be fine at those temperatures. GPU chips generally run hotter than a CPU to begin with, but if you're worried about it then just get better cooling. There are several good aftermarket VGA coolers available. Just make sure to get one that is compatible with your graphics board.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

may i recommend the Aoc artic cooling silencer 6? I have not used it but i really plan to do so in the future... Lol. around 48 bux canadian. prolly cheaper in american.

Thread Information