Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking the 2500 MHz Barrier

Default Re: Breaking the 2500 MHz Barrier

Sounds like it. I've been using ATI for some time now, but does the board require a 4-pin Molex connection for extra power requirements? If so then make sure you have a good connection there (not one of the "Fan Only" type connections like Antec adds to their PSUs) as this can cause the board to not even be seen by the system during boot up.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Ok. I do have and antec. And yes, it has a molex connector. Here is what I have done already:

-Cleared CMOS
    -Defaulted Bios
    -Unplugged all "unneeded" to boot
    -Gave GPU it's own rail. Verified 12V going thru

Still nothing.

I tested the card on my friend's PC w/ 350W PSand it boots all the way to windows! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!! I even got to OC it to 550/1100.

Suggestions PLEASE!

Nevermind. Found the problem. My HTCP case's (Silverstone SST-LC03) tab holder on the rear is too short to support the tab on the GPU. I had to cut the metal tab on the GPU so that it seats properly. Worked but still shorts once an a while.

Solution:
    I read it somewhere that someone did not screw the GPU in on their system so that i "hung" on the AGP slot. I tried that and voila! It works perfectly. I had to jimmy rig it so that the card would not move from that postion whatsoever. MSI or eVGA needs to address this issue. In any case, my new card is working great and that thing is awsome!!!

Stats:
    Base: 500/900
    3dMark01: 18,019
    3dMark03: 7,823

OC'd: 530/1.1GHz
    3dMark01: 19,222
    3dMark03: Not yet ran

One concern is that when I ran the Base on 3dMark03 on default settings, it produced "specs" that look like artifacts on the FPS bar and some on the screen on the 2nd tests for the games. Any Ideas?

Still waiting on my PS from Monarch Computer to come in...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information