Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: i need help ocing!

Default i need a little help with my amd 3000 pleaz

lets start out with what i have.

psu:500w

motherboard:soltek k8t pro=via northbridge chipset

cpu:amd athlon 3000=socket 939

vid card:nvidia 6200

mem:one stick corsair cmx512 pc4000

cooling:asetek triple radiator water cooling w/5 fans pushin air at the moment

now my problem is ive been going through these reviews and guides and they helped great for the most part but now im stuck.i got it up to 2.25.
    i tried to go up to 260 mhz but it just keeps going back to default 1.8gig.i really need someone to explain how i get off of my default 9x mult.any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by kdogg23; 10-20-2005 at 06:55 AM.

Default Re: i need help ocing!

What HT or LDT speed are you running it at? It will need to be set to 3 to get it over 250MHz. ANd You almost certainly will need to up the Vcore to get it higher too. List the exact settings you are using to overclock with. And that single stick of ram is really hurting your performance. Get another stick and you will see improvements. As for overclocking, it should be OK with the single stick.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

ok im new with all this overclocking.i dont know how to change the multi yet.thats why i asked the last time.in my bios i went in advanced chipset and was able to lower the dram to 166 mhz.now in the frequency and voltage i have a setting for cpu ratio but last time i messed with that my compuetr ran like crap.it has settings from x4 at 800 mhz all the way up to x20 at 4000 mhz.i cant find where i would just change it to x3.it is currently set as startup.cpu core is at 250 @ 2.25 gig.vcore i pushed it up to 1.7 something but its accually is running something like 1.68.and the vdimm is at 2.70.

ok i dropped the dram to 133 and put the voltage to the max on my motherboard i got it to 2.34gig.the only problem im having right now is when i play movies it reboots.im now pushing 2.7 and windows keeps telling me this computer just recovered from a serious error.whats wrong.pleaz help.i know its not heat im only running at 40c i know i can go to 65 before shutdown with this processor ive done it when i had air cooling.could it be my graffix card?i have the water cooling kit on it but i never put a heat sensor on it.in addition to the water block i got little heat sinks on the top but with the water block on i cant get any of them on the bottom.should i put a fan directly on it?????i really need to know how to change the multi i got my processor running 300 mhz times the default x9 i want to be able to go down to 250 mhz x12 multi but i dont know how.
    Last edited by kdogg23; 10-20-2005 at 06:53 AM.

Thread Information