Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ocing A 2600+ On A Nf7-sg2

Default Ocing A 2600+ On A Nf7-sg2

hi all:

i very recently bought a abit nf7-sg2 with a 2600+ barton core cpu, right now its running at 2083.30 with all stock settings, is there a way to overclock this board to get more out of her? fsb is at 166, i bumped cv up 4%, i read about people getting there 2500+ bartons to 2.4ghz, so im just curious about getting mine up around that level. i put my comp in my sig. if you need anymore info just ask. i know that i cant adjust multiplier on this board,so i was wondering about voltage for memory and stuff like that if it would increase speed. thanks to all that can give some input, good or bad.
    -NF7-SG2- -2600+XP BARTON- -THERMATAKE BIG TYPHOONE H/S- -ATI9550 GFX- -AUDIOLOGY4 SFX- -80GIG SEAGATE 7200- LITEON DVD/R/RW- -LITEON 52X24X52 CD R/RW- -512MBS PC3200 DDR400- -DEMON II 7 FAN LUMINATED CASE- DEMON BLACK CHROME 580W PS- -21" LCD MONITOR-

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU JUST SAT BACK AND ONLY REMEMBERED THE GOOD TIMES IN YOUR LIFE!

Default Re: Ocing A 2600+ On A Nf7-sg2

Right easy bump your FSB up to 200 put memory in socket 1 and 3 should access dual channel...........my Nf7s was great I used a 2600XPM and got it up to 2.5ghz!!! until I fried board (short circuit my mistake).......some advice remove the northbridge fan and clean chip + heatsink and re apply a silver thermal paste.........this will make your pc stable. You need a really powerful PSU min 450w I used an Enermax.

Good luck!!!!

Post your results!!!

Thread Information