Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Very worried...

Exclamation Very worried...

(Computer info below)

I have had my computer for a year and was never able to overclock it because I setup the SATA drives on port 1 & 2 (not locked for this motherboard). I just redid my computer and moved them to 3 & 4 and I can overclock now. I have only overclocked using the motherboards settings (private, general etc.) and the computer seems to be stable. What is worring me though is when I open CoreCenter to monitor my FSB, it gives me what seems to be outrageous numbers. When I ran a program called CPUStabTest, CoreCenter showed that the computer was adjusting my FSB automatically, which is fine but I only had it set to 9% in the Bios so it should not overclock more than 9% right? CoreCenter was showing that it was taking the FSB as high as 325 (giving me an overclock of 180% or 3575 MHz). So is CoreCenter lying to me or is the motherboard just screwed up and it is really setting the FSB that high? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Current Set-up: Thermaltake Tsunami case, Thermaltake 480 W silent purepower, MSI K8N Neo2 Plat., AMD Athlon 64 3500+ w/Venus 12 cooler, 2x512 DDR400, ATI AIW 9800 Pro w/Kingwin VGA cooler (it looks cool anyway), Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZX Gamer, 2x160 GB SATA RAID 0 HDD.

Default Re: Very worried...

Sorry, my motherboard is an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum Socket 939
    Current Set-up: Thermaltake Tsunami case, Thermaltake 480 W silent purepower, MSI K8N Neo2 Plat., AMD Athlon 64 3500+ w/Venus 12 cooler, 2x512 DDR400, ATI AIW 9800 Pro w/Kingwin VGA cooler (it looks cool anyway), Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZX Gamer, 2x160 GB SATA RAID 0 HDD.

Default Re: Very worried...

i have the same board... i did the same thing once and it didnt overclock well... i dont like that core center. To lock pci just change to sata chanel 3 or 4. I wouldnt overclock in that way... its way better to overclock manual, i got 295fsb stable in my 3000+.
    You also should update BIOS (but not to 1.b version, i flash with that version and some times doesnt run setup and i think that for oc is not so good, i would flash to 1.cbeta and if you have tccd mem you have a sepecial version, 1.ctccd if you want i cant send you this...since is not in the oficial page of MSI)
    Last edited by Orioz; 05-06-2006 at 06:55 PM.
    AMD 64 3000+ venice (wcooling eheim +3fans 120mm radiator)
    MSI K8N Neo2 platinum
    Patriot 2x512MB 400Mhz ddr (2.0-2-2-5)
    Ati Radeon 9600XT (ZALMAN ZM80D-HP heatpipe+ramsinks+120mm fan)
    Liberty 500W

1,8Ghz @ 290*9=2,6Ghz 100% stable

Thread Information