Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ram timing

Default Re: ram timing

Quote Originally Posted by bf2nut
    its value ram for starters ,but its good ram.kingston make solid modules but as far as the value part goes,i would suggest 3-3-3-8 for amds that are being overclocked but what do i know.and i told u zaq....prime95(blendtest) for windows ram stability,and metest95(test#5) for straight ram testing...

i must have told u now 1,000 times to run those 2 dam programs..i even gave u links to them.i give up.
    If he's not overclocking the RAM (which is very possible, given the right dividers), lowering latencies is just fine. Given that it's value PC3200, there's not reason to overclock, and it probably won't go for.

There's no such thing as memtest95 to my knowledge, so telling him to use it isn't altogether that helpful. It's memtest86+.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    There's no such thing as memtest95 to my knowledge, so telling him to use it isn't altogether that helpful. It's memtest86+.
    I believe that this has now been pointed out to him several times, so I take it now that he's just thick.

what is the stock operating speed for ddr ram?

Quote Originally Posted by orangutang91
    what is the stock operating speed for ddr ram?
    Depends on the type.
    PC2100=266
    PC2700=333
    PC3200=400
    PC3500=433

Also, orangutang91 if you have questions, please create your own thread, but before doing so use the forums search function and you will find the answer to many simple questions like these, without having to wait on a response. Google also works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    If he's not overclocking the RAM (which is very possible, given the right dividers), lowering latencies is just fine. Given that it's value PC3200, there's not reason to overclock, and it probably won't go for.
    If its kingston value, theres a decent chance its either BH5 or CH5 which is great at overclocking.

I have two sticks of kingston value, ones pc2700, the other pc3000. They run well together and can get 230mhz plus.

No harm in trying (ok maybe some chance of file corruption :P)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information