Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: The real OCZ uncovered




  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Oh comeon Cameron. For months you have been advertising OCZ and getting review items from them. You've got the biggest OCZ banner on all your pages for quite sometime. Now that the OCZ crap is exposed once again, you remove the banner and pretend as if you never dealt with them. Be a real man and say you supported them even though you know their crap as these guys have xposed more thana year agao but still it didn't bother you as long as you get the review amterial and get paid advertising money. I'm sure you might dlete this post but if not then you're getting to be a real man after all. Don't be a hypocrite. Both OCZ and Your site used OCZ. You're stupid if you don't know their reputation eve before you agreed to review thier products and let their ads run on your website with the biggest banner for months.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    As for OCZ, I'll keep my general opinions to myself. What I CAN say, though, is that when they sent me the last product of theirs for review, they wanted me to send them the review before it posted. I wasn't aware that reviewers were supposed to be proofed by the suppliers. :(
    Quite a few companies have done this and I don't think they want to have a look at our reviews to make sure that what we are posting is in favour of their products, but rather just to see if you had any errors in the review or if they can clear up any bad points you found with the product. Sometimes it is useful that they are willing to do this because it is often easy to get a bad impression of something, then have that whole opinion turned around with a bit of explanation. They can't force anyone to change the review anyway, all they can offer is suggestions. It's our choice whether or not we take them.
    Asher Moses

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Oh comeon Cameron. For months you have been advertising OCZ and getting review items from them. You've got the biggest OCZ banner on all your pages for quite sometime. Now that the OCZ crap is exposed once again, you remove the banner and pretend as if you never dealt with them.
    Blah blah blah... How often do you visit TweakTown? The OCZ ad hasn't be up for many months, for your information. Get your facts right before opening your mouth.

    Posting reviews of a companies products doesn't constitute supporting them either, it's what we do here, reviewing everyone's products.

    And no I don't intend on deleting your post.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

  4. #24
    Beefy Guest

    Default

    Don't you love how all the people who intend on saying something bad about this site always seem not to want to register? Seems pretty gutless to me...

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Now that the OCZ crap is exposed once again, you remove the banner and pretend as if you never dealt with them.
    Well, when we were looking into being an official reseller of OCZ memory in Australia...
    erm... why do you say he pretended as he never dealt with them??

    EDIT: oh, and if its the banners your worried about, look at the banner at the top of this page, then look at the text below it.. just think about it, if it weren't for those ad banners, tweaktown and a hell of a lot of other sites wouldn't exist

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak


    Blah blah blah... How often do you visit TweakTown? The OCZ ad hasn't be up for many months, for your information. Get your facts right before opening your mouth.

    Posting reviews of a companies products doesn't constitute supporting them either, it's what we do here, reviewing everyone's products.

    And no I don't intend on deleting your post.

    This just shows the liar you are. Just a month ago you had the OCZ banner up. I have captured that together with the dates and everything. Do you want me to post the snapshot so that all the poeple here will know the lying person you are? Now I know that you are a real liar and just after money. And in your post in the main newspage you said....

    "I always knew there was dodgey business going on at OCZ for quite sometime now. However, until now, they were always clever enough to cover their tracks, as any good criminal can. First with the sager of www.athlonoc.com and OCZ owning this hardware review site (a source said OCZ brought the domain for $3500 US from the owner), the misunderstandings between what the differences were from OCZ, OCZ Technology and The Overclockerz Store, and getting friendly with websites like ours and throwing out review samples like they were going out of fashion"

    The athlonoc thing was for almost a year and a half now. You said you knew already of their dodgy business and you still let them advertise? Basically with what you said, you are just after the money and you don't care whether they have good reputation or not. So you mean, let the consumer suffer. They just advertise on my site, I don't care.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    2,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    This just shows the liar you are. Just a month ago you had the OCZ banner up. I have captured that together with the dates and everything.

    Did you also capture the URL? Probably not - if you did you would have realised that the ad banner was hosted by iamnotageek.com - who kindly hosts the TweakTown forums free of charge. I feel that an ad banner is a small price to pay for a forum community that draws up to 500GB/month in traffic.

    I repeat, TweakTown did NOT have any link to OCZ on the front page. All was handled through other sites. In fact, we never received a cent from OCZ for advertising through that advertisment.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Albinus



    Did you also capture the URL? Probably not - if you did you would have realised that the ad banner was hosted by iamnotageek.com - who kindly hosts the TweakTown forums free of charge. I feel that an ad banner is a small price to pay for a forum community that draws up to 500GB/month in traffic.

    I repeat, TweakTown did NOT have any link to OCZ on the front page. All was handled through other sites. In fact, we never received a cent from OCZ for advertising through that advertisment.
    Oh yes I did. The banner was in all your pages and not only in your forum pages. Besides Cameron already confessed that he did have the OCZ ads but it hasn't been up for many months? Many months? Oh come on. Anyone who can read english will understand what we are talking about here. You can defend all you like surely people reading this forum will see the real picture. I will pass the captured pics to whichever site would be interested in exposing your true colors and the same with IANAG which is the biggest OCZ pimp today. Before it was Martin Krohn and this gang, now its IANAG and you're obviously trying to just keep away from being connected to OCZ even though the pimping here has been quite obvious as well. Also for a community that has 500gb/month also means there are a lot of consumers that will be ripped off by OCZ because of your banner. LettinIANAG manipulate you only means the cooperation between the 2. Like he said he knows the reputation of OCZ for a long time now, surely you would rahter lose the hosting and find a better than lead your flock to doom! I guess you'd rather lead them to doom and save your self and your site. If I have a site, I'd rather lose it than pimp scrupulous vendors. The hell with the site. But you're not one of those. That's where some site stands out. They'd rather lose everything. Look at HardOCP, they left UGO because it was trying to load the OCZ banner on UGO's obligatory banner slot alloted for them. Now that's saying, I'd rather lose money and hosting than pimp for OCZ and let my readers be ripped off. I rest my case.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    I've been accused a lot of things before, but a liar is one I take offence to as it is something I wouldn't consider myself - You are putting me on a level which OCZ shares, and especially makes me angry and upset.

    You have the nerve to accuse me in my own forums about being a liar and dishonest, yet you haven't even registered. How am I meant to know who I'm talking to here? For all I know, you could be someone from OCZ or just another person causing trouble for the hell of it - the masked Unregistered User stirkes again!

    I had no control over the OCZ tower banner which was being displayed last month, as Albinus said, it was the ad of our host and it paid for the server costs - I repeat, I did not have control over the ads which were being displayed. You'll notice now that it has been replaced with a 1COOLPC banner, yet you somehow failed to mention this. I failed to mention this ad before because I thought you were talking about "our" ads, which again comes down to the communication breakdown over the Internet.

    If you wish to "expose my true colors" (whatever that may be), go ahead, I don't know what there is to expose though, let me know when other sites post about it so I can catch the goss. The only thing I've done which could be considered remotely "wrong" is the fact that the person which provides us with hosting choose to put an OCZ ad in that spot, which I don't have control over in any case.

    I really don't know why I'm trying to defend myself here, there is nothing to defend myself against.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

  10. #30
    Beefy Guest

    Default

    This is just ludicrous. How can you possibly even back up your pathetic argument Mr Unregistered?

    Firstly, why on earth would you have screenshots of the TT main page, let alone from months ago?

    Secondly, it is very easy to doctor a screenshot, especially one as simple as the TT home page. For all we know you could just photoshop the current front page with the OCZ banner in the top and be done with it.

    Thirdly, I would like to see some hard evidence supporting what you are saying. Tweak isn't hiding anything. He's been honest about it all. You just come in here flaming away and expect people to believe what you are saying? If you are that eager to prove us wrong, then why not go through all the TT backlogs of posts and news articles, and tell us where OCZ have been mentioned.

    Fourth, banners come and go. TT only pick their banner provider, it's the provider that chooses what is being advertised. True, there was OCZ stuff on a couple of months ago. But that's just due to the cycle of banners from the supplier.

    I think people reading this forum will want some solid evidence of what you are saying before they even considering believing you. Why would they listen to some Unregistered poster who doesn't even have the guts to identify him/herself as opposed to listening to all the major players on the forums?

    Now I bet you'll say we are just covering it all up. We ain't. If we were covering stuff up, don't you think we would have removed the article from the main page? We don't do that around here..

    You say that you'd rather lose your site than 'pimp scrupulous vendors', if you had one. Obviously you don't. I've seen the amount of work that people have put into this site, and it's simply not something you'd give up for the sake of a banner or two. I don't care if you flame me for this, it's just MY opinion. I've got no control over what Tweak does with his site.

    Anyways, until you can manage to say something civil, constructive and possibly even back it up, I don't think that anyone here will take you seriously....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •