Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: The real OCZ uncovered




  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    I hope they are gonna sue MadOnion as well then. they've got much more dirt on their site...
    Beefy: Why would you rather have anyone sued? To really let you all know. There was nothing posted that can not be accessed and seen publicly either via the web or via a short trip for some in a car. It's all common public knowledge. Being that it is then OCZ or any of it's so called Affilloated companies have nothing they can base any legal action on.

    Oh, and from my understanding, if you decide you want to go by there and have a look see, the place is now closed. That was the latest word on it's existance which was pasted yesterday I do believe.

    As for the other Unregistered user who has supposedly fowarded this info to the OCZ lawers. Well it's been 24hrs now and I nor anyone else who has linked to or had any input into the origianl posting on MO has heard anything. In fact the post has been up for almost 2 days now and still noting. You totaly bias and negetive post is the very first I have seen from anyone on this whole matter. So my friend, you stand alone so far (unless of course you count Beefy in).

    Oh, if you haven't guessed it by now, I'm MrNatural. The one who posted the original post on MadOnion.com. If you want any of my info as to E Mail and such, then go over to MadOnion.com and look me up. I'm really not hard to find.

    Peace out all.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered


    Oh, if you haven't guessed it by now, I'm MrNatural. The one who posted the original post on MadOnion.com. If you want any of my info as to E Mail and such, then go over to MadOnion.com and look me up. I'm really not hard to find.

    Peace out all.
    I decided to make it a little easier for you guys. This should give you a little better access to who I am.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrNatural


    I decided to make it a little easier for you guys. This should give you a little better access to who I am.
    Cheers - Just to make it clear for everyone, Mr Natural is a different person from the first unregistered user who posted, unless he is going from Australia to USA very quickly. :)
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

  4. #34
    Beefy Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrNatural
    Beefy: Why would you rather have anyone sued?
    That was nothing against your post or MadOnion.com, it was basically just rebuttal against the idiot who was making all the wild claims about our site. He had failed to mention anything about your post, so it was pretty obvious that he was just on a slam campaign against TT.

    I must commend you on your work though. You've done well looking into this as much as your did.. :thumb:

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    I've been accused a lot of things before, but a liar is one I take offence to as it is something I wouldn't consider myself - You are putting me on a level which OCZ shares, and especially makes me angry and upset.

    I had no control over the OCZ tower banner which was being displayed last month, as Albinus said, it was the ad of our host and it paid for the server costs - I repeat, I did not have control over the ads which were being displayed. You'll notice now that it has been replaced with a 1COOLPC banner, yet you somehow failed to mention this. I failed to mention this ad before because I thought you were talking about "our" ads, which again comes down to the communication breakdown over the Internet.
    Read your post and see why I called you a liar. You said "Blah blah blah... How often do you visit TweakTown? The OCZ ad hasn't be up for many months, for your information. Get your facts right before opening your mouth." When you confessed on your other post as well that "I had no control over the OCZ tower banner which was being displayed last month". Go figure.

    Also, no control? You are the owner of the site. You are useless if you cannot control that. Man, anyone reading this, especially someone who also owns a site, will laugh at your reasoning. You just had control now when you asked IANAG to take off the OCZ banner right after the expose came out. I also captured that and the date of when you have the banner last up. SO that is how I got to call you a liar.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    This is just ludicrous. How can you possibly even back up your pathetic argument Mr Unregistered?

    Firstly, why on earth would you have screenshots of the TT main page, let alone from months ago?

    Secondly, it is very easy to doctor a screenshot, especially one as simple as the TT home page. For all we know you could just photoshop the current front page with the OCZ banner in the top and be done with it.
    I have screenshots as I have been looking for sites that are somehow linked to OCZ. And your site was obviously one of them.

    Secondly, only a fool or someone not experienced as you are will not know a fake snapshot from a doctored one. If you are familiar with photoshop, it is impossible for you not to notice a fake or touched up snapshot from an original one unless you are that ignorant.

  7. #37
    Beefy Guest

    Default

    You think so? Photoshopping something as simple as a webpage is totally different to photoshopping actual photos. All you need to do is cut out the banner and stick in a new one. There is no way that people could tell the difference. I'd be quite happy to give you a demonstration if you would like one.

    So when was the last time we had the OCZ banner up anyways? How long was it up for?

    And how are they supposed to control something that comes in from an external source? They can contact IANAG and ask it to be changed, but that might not necessarily happen straight away, if at all...

    Back to you. To what purpose were you supposedly looking for people associated with OCZ? Are they paying you to do it? Are you against them? It seems to me that you don't know what you are doing. First, you say you sent Cam's post to the OCZ lawyers (yeah, right...) then you say that you have been looking at OCZ-associated sites for however long. How does this make sense? If you were helping OCZ, then why keep screenshots of sites that have banners.... but if you were against them, why send something to their lawyers? Unless, of course, that is a different unregistered user. Although it seems to me to be the same.. But, that's what you get for people not brave enough to tell us who they are.

  8. #38

    Default

    Who cares about the banners of OCZ? What is the big deal?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered



    This just shows the liar you are.
    B]
    You dumb ****...

    You calling my M8 a Liar?

    I happen to know Tweak and he is a very respectable guy...


    And you think you are more of a man than him?
    If so.... post your address and I will come over and see how much of a "Man" you really are...



    Pfffttt....dumbarse.
    Quick!!.Pack your bags!!

    The Elephants are coming!!

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    For some reason you have tried to make me look the criminal and dishonest person here, not OCZ, who have been proved to be just that.

    I have no idea what your intent is, but as of this post it's going to end, I've had enough and honestly have better things to occupy myself with - I'll be locking this thread and deleting any others because all your doing is trying to cause trouble and fade the real truth about OCZ.

    You seem to be a little thick to me - Beefy and I have said repeatedly that we did not have any control over the external banner which was being showed by our hosting provider what-so-ever, again, we did not have control over the external banner which was being showed by our hosting provider what-so-ever - We are in a contract, so removing the ad code was not an option. And as for your comment of suddenly removing it, 1COOLPC (the new banner) offered John Apps (the host) a better offer and as such the OCZ banner has now been removed. In any case, it was changed well before my post, I did NOT ask John to remove the banner, and anyway even if OCZ were advertising with us it wouldn't have stopped me exposing the dishonest practises of OCZ - readers have a right to know the truth - Email John at johnapps@iamnotageek.com and he'll tell you the exact same thing, I encourage you (or anyone) to email him, please do - I have nothing to hide, if I did have something to hide this thread would have been deleted long ago.

    You've tried to blow this whole thing way out of preparation, for whatever reason, I have no idea. You say you've been covering sites like ours for this type of thing, you accuse ME with having a link with OCZ, in actual fact it seems more like YOU are the one who has the link with them and your monitoring of these sites and trying to fade away the truth about OCZ by spinning this little story of yours. It would not surprise me if I'm speaking to one of the OCZ guys right now.

    Your story isn't holding up, this is because it is a bunch of crap and I'm sure this would be obvious to everyone who is reading. Who would spend all this time and effort if they had no alliance with OCZ? Give me a break, go chase a truck or something, do something better with your time, something better than making up false stories like this one which is truly a bunch of bull dust.

    End of story -- not that there was a story to begin with.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •