Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hi all!

Unhappy hi all!

Hey guys, I was orangutang91, the social reject, I built my comp and im back!
    I got:
    Asus P5N-SLI
    2 gigs of Corsair ddr2/667
    Intel core2 duo E6300 (running now @ stock speed)
    Evga geforce 7900gto @ stock speed
    windows xp home sp2
    sb x-fi xtreme music
    and some other stuff

Ok
    well I looked at my BIOS first thing when I got it running, and I saw the # 78
    I next saw CPU temp and I assummed it was the CPU temp in farenheit (the man's way of mesuring temp) but it was celcius, is this high? I think it is, I mean i just started the thing and the ambient temp in my room is pretty low. I got a fan blowing at >3000 rpm directly down on the CPU's fansink
    my mobo temp is about 36 deg and my GPU is about 4 deg hotter when not under a heavy load.

I want opinion and fact about what I should do to get this thing to go faster, I will probably get another fan and a better cpu cooler(the best in your opinions) unless somone can tell me how to make a watercooler for under 90$ lol.
    Thanks in advance!

Default Re: hi all!

orangutang I figured I'd comment just so you don't get a complex or something and decide to change your name for a fourth time just to increase the confusion. I'm not really sure why the site is so slow lately. I have no experience with any of the components you are using but 78C does sound very high if that temp is accurate. Do you have any proper thermal probes to confirm that temerature with?

As an aside: Why would you refer to farenheit as "the man's way of measuring temp"? It is simply a different scale and is not used in a lot of countries throughout the world especially in relation to the electronic/scientific communities.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    orangutang I figured I'd comment just so you don't get a complex or something and decide to change your name for a fourth time just to increase the confusion. I'm not really sure why the site is so slow lately. I have no experience with any of the components you are using but 78C does sound very high if that temp is accurate. Do you have any proper thermal probes to confirm that temerature with?

As an aside: Why would you refer to farenheit as "the man's way of measuring temp"? It is simply a different scale and is not used in a lot of countries throughout the world especially in relation to the electronic/scientific communities.

Thanks for the response,
    i didnt change my name on purpose, something was wrong with my last 3 profiles (I was using a mac, that shouldnt be the prob though)
    they were recognized by the server but no one could see my writing, you all were responding to other posts etc and i eve tried sending a personal letter to someone over the site, none worked.
    farenheit is used in the USA, I guess that was a stupid coment, the USA is pretty sissy.
    but bak to computers!
    Is nforce 570 worse than nforce4? 570 shares the bandwidth of a single pciex16 by splitting it between the 2 cards 50 50 (You all probably know this already, so dont take this negatively.)
    actually speed fan says that the CPU is about 75C.
    all other temps are less than half that in the case, I rearanged the fans, before the comp would suddenly turn off in the middle of a game, is that the CPU?
    Maybe the core 2 procs run hot, but 75C is like oven hot and at a LOW load.
    Thanks again!

USA is a sissy...heehee!

About the temperature, sounds like your cutoffs might be because of your CPU overloading; I've had the same problem before. There's a couple of possibilities, though. Having too much (or even too little) voltage could cause that problem also. But absolutely, 78C is way too hot for your processor to be running. I imagine the dual processors do warm things up a bit more than one, but having good cooling on there is a must. Are you using a stock heatsink and fan? If so, you'll probably want to upgrade to avoid those problems. If you can afford it, alot of gamers like water cooling because of its effectiveness, but air cooling works great if you get something decent, your case is well vented, and you don't OC the CPU too much. Also, make sure you use some Arctic Silver thermal paste when you put a new heatsink on, it'll help drop the temp by a few degrees. Every bit helps!

i can tell you how to build a water cooling system for 90 POUNDS- though i think that americas stuff will be cheaper. i bought a terratec mystify kit and added a triple fan radiator. result? its better than my gigabyte g-power and also has a great gpu waterblock. Problem? you need to make your own mounts for the waterblocks, and i needed to machine the gpu block to fit my ati card.
    i bought it all off ebay. the terratec kit is now very obselete.
    System Specs:
    AMD athlon 64 3200 venice @ 2.4ghz
    Asrock Dual-939SATA2
    Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 chip r430 @ 480mhz core/540mhz mem with 1.6v vcore
    1gb Corsair XMS TwinX PC3200 timings 2-3-3-6 at 400mhz
    250gb Hitatchi deskstar T7K500 SATAII disk
    160gb samsung spinpoint PATA disk
    Asus 1608P2 DVD+/-RW Dual Layer
    Unbranded 500W PSU single 17A rail
    Innovatek and Asetek Watercooling (triple fan radiator)
    LOTS OF METAL

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkens85
    USA is a sissy...heehee!

About the temperature, sounds like your cutoffs might be because of your CPU overloading; I've had the same problem before. There's a couple of possibilities, though. Having too much (or even too little) voltage could cause that problem also. But absolutely, 78C is way too hot for your processor to be running. I imagine the dual processors do warm things up a bit more than one, but having good cooling on there is a must. Are you using a stock heatsink and fan? If so, you'll probably want to upgrade to avoid those problems. If you can afford it, alot of gamers like water cooling because of its effectiveness, but air cooling works great if you get something decent, your case is well vented, and you don't OC the CPU too much. Also, make sure you use some Arctic Silver thermal paste when you put a new heatsink on, it'll help drop the temp by a few degrees. Every bit helps!
    Ya, I dunno obut thermal paste, but i could give it a try, every bit does count when at 75C!
    I wish I could go with water cooling but i dont know how much it is at cheapest, I heard someone say on this site that he could make it out of a pet store filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkul
    i can tell you how to build a water cooling system for 90 POUNDS- though i think that americas stuff will be cheaper. i bought a terratec mystify kit and added a triple fan radiator. result? its better than my gigabyte g-power and also has a great gpu waterblock. Problem? you need to make your own mounts for the waterblocks, and i needed to machine the gpu block to fit my ati card.
    i bought it all off ebay. the terratec kit is now very obselete.
    I looked at the website for terratec and there were no water coolers same thing on ebay. I found terratec graphics cards though.

yeah, i guess i was lucky. btw on the box it didnt even say what type of graphics card its supposed to fit, maybe a geforce fx.
    but if you CAN find a kit fairly cheap, its definately not a bad buy.
    System Specs:
    AMD athlon 64 3200 venice @ 2.4ghz
    Asrock Dual-939SATA2
    Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2 chip r430 @ 480mhz core/540mhz mem with 1.6v vcore
    1gb Corsair XMS TwinX PC3200 timings 2-3-3-6 at 400mhz
    250gb Hitatchi deskstar T7K500 SATAII disk
    160gb samsung spinpoint PATA disk
    Asus 1608P2 DVD+/-RW Dual Layer
    Unbranded 500W PSU single 17A rail
    Innovatek and Asetek Watercooling (triple fan radiator)
    LOTS OF METAL

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=371263
    hows this look for a vga cooler, it got great reviews?
    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=371262
    This looks like its not a bad CPU cooler I just dont know if its much better than a air cooler.
    Last edited by buhweet; 11-05-2006 at 12:50 PM.

Does anybody know about using a car radiator, I've heard it helps a lot by blowing cold air into the case, the radiator from the F-150 is supposed to work well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information