Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclocking a GF2Pro

I overclocked my GF2P and got decent results, I think. I was able to get it to 227 core/460 mem. My question is about cooling. I put a blue orb on the GPU and I bought copper sinks for the memory, but by my perception, the ram wasn't heating up much. I guess I am wondering if the ram is just that sensitive to heat. Would putting the sinks on give me any better OC results?

I figured, if nothing else, I can save them to put on my GF3 when I get around to acquiring one.

JM
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

From all the articles that I've seen if done propperly gains can be had. ;)

When I had the Leadtek GeForce3 TD for review a while ago, the RAM was extremely hot to the touch, even with heatsinks. That was also running at 460MHz, so maybe different memory? :?:

Just remember that you will get much better results overclocking your memory than your GPU ;)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

I tried to overclock my memory and it wasn't hot at all! It even was possible too touch the ram!
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

Quote Originally Posted by MySTiCuSS
    I tried to overclock my memory and it wasn't hot at all! It even was possible too touch the ram!

MySTiCuSS, you have a GeForce2 MX which uses standard SDRAM. This doesn't get hot at all, however DDR memory does (especially on video cards). This is what I was referring to :)
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Maybe I will try a loop for 3dmark, to see what happens. If it seems like it is heating up at all, I may go ahead and slap the copper sinks on. So far they are not hot to the touch, at all. Otherwise, I will just save them for my GF3 and enjoy my current 460 mem OC :p

Have you hugged a Midget today?

I've got my MSI Geforce 2 Pro attached with a Blue Orb and Blue Thermaltake RAMsinks and I was able to get it to 230/465. I havn't pushed the memory any further but the GPU is as high as it would go. Even 1 MHz higher would cause a system hang while running 3dmark or any graphically intensive program.

Thread Information