Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Q6600 Overclock problem

Default Q6600 Overclock problem

Salute and howdy!
    I'm having a bit of a problem. . .
    Here are my system specs:
    Q6600 G0 stepping
    Asus P5N32 e sli (680i)
    4gig Crucial Ballistix ddr2 ram
    x2 BFG 8800GT in sli
    850w Rosewill PSU
    Vista 64bit

Ok, I've been running this system overclocked at 2.8ghz for about two months since the only cpu fan I had was stock. I had NO problems whatsoever. I never tried to run it higher than that but assumed it would clock higher from the posts I've seen in the forums. Friday I bought my second 8800GT and an Arctic Square cpu fan. I installed them and left my clock at 2.8 and started to play crysis and my puter hard locked. Then it wouldn't boot right until I dropped my clock back down to stock 2.4 ghz.
    I've had no success getting it to overclock now at all. My coretemp shows me to be in the 30s and 40s running in the low 50's when loaded with prime95. These temps are at 2.4ghz.
    Someone please help. I'd really like to get it to 3.2 or 3.4ghz stable but as it stands I can't even run it at 2.8. Best I can get without locking up is 2.6. :(
    As a side note I've taken out the second video card and still can't OC it. Can't imagine that a new and better cpu cooler would be the problem. I have 7 120mm fans so there's plenty of air moving through the box.
    Here are the stock voltages shown in the voltage monitor section of my bios. (I've tried increasing some of them with no success.)
    vcore 1.2
    mem 1.88
    1.2V HT 1.26
    NB 1.24
    SB 1.53
    CPU VTT 1.26
    DDR2 Term .96
    3.3v 3.31
    5V 4.86
    12V 11.84

Thanks for any help you can give. If someone with a p5n32 e sli and a q6600 that's oc'd to 3.2 or 3.4 has a saved bios profile I may have that would be most appreciated.

Default Re: Q6600 Overclock problem

You've added a second graphics card which will be drawing extra power. The extra demand on the the PSU might be restricting you to stock speeds on the CPU. Perhaps a new PSU is needed.

Thread Information