Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclocking AMD Anthlon X2 4000

Question Overclocking AMD Anthlon X2 4000

I have a AMD Athlon X2 4000 with a Abit AN52 motherboard. I am having difficulties overclocking with this motherboard. I have tried the usual multiplier and voltage, fsb. I got it to work on a PCCHIPS MB but it shourt cirk. Can it be the power supply. I had a 480 wat, but had to change to a 270 wat because it died. Does anyone know if the power supply has something to do with me not being able to overclock it. If someone has same cpu as me, can you post up your specs. Thanks.

Default Re: Overclocking AMD Anthlon X2 4000

Im no expert but 270 watts on an amd x2 that is low. Including all the other hardware that needs those extra watts that you dont have. Wish i could help more but you can always google. =)

Default Re: Overclocking AMD Anthlon X2 4000

typically overclocking results in using more power, so I'd be surprised if you can overclock with a 270 W PSU.

As lorder05 said the PSU is undersized for your system - I'd expect it blow up in approx 3 - 6 months - possibly taking other componets with it (about 1 in 10 chance in my experience).

A good PSU will solve a lot problems particularly if your on the limit of the PSU

Thread Information