Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Limited bios abilities for overclocking.

Default Limited bios abilities for overclocking.

I have an Intel DP35DP mainboard and I'm running an Intel E6750 CPU with it. I figured from the start that an intel board with an Intel Bios would have limited CPU overclocking abilities but after looking at this there is absolutely zilch.
    I'm wondering if there is any other way to overclock a CPU?

Default Re: Limited bios abilities for overclocking.

There is software that you can use to overclock without using the bios, but i would advise against it, especially with the motherboard that you have. The DP35DP is not designed for any sort of overclocking so doing so with software will probably cause problems. I know one other person with your board was able to overclock using a program called SetFSB. He was able to OC a little bit but then ran into problems when he tried to go farther. You can read more about it here.

There are a couple of software packages around but for most of them you'll have to know the PLL chip used and you'll only be able to adjust the FSB so don't expect a good overclock as voltages will not be able to be adjusted.

I'll mention this though I'm not to sure about using these methods with your CPU/mainboard combo but there are CPU BSEL mods for FSB and voltage but these are usually better for E4xxx and lower CPU's.

Thread Information