Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New to OC-ing, need help w/processor & RAM

Default New to OC-ing, need help w/processor & RAM

hi all,

I hope you don't pass me over because I'm a newb, and am asking things that have been asked before.

I just upgraded/rebuilt my PC, and would appreciate some guidance on some *moderate* overclocking (i.e. best OC without resorting to liquid cooling). I'm just starting to grasp OC-ing the processor, but if I understand correctly, RAM performance/speed hinges on what the CPU settings are. I want to 'tweak' the best combined performance out of both without frying anything.

Perhaps a few of you out there might have the components I used:

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-GS4
    CPU: AMD 64x2 5000+ Black Ed.
    RAM: G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR1066
    Video: VisionTek Radeon HD3650 1GB
    - All in a 7-yr.-old Antec full-tower case