Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: anyone tried pin mod q6600?

Default anyone tried pin mod q6600?

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t58361.html

I remember reading about this about a year ago. I read through some sites, and regarding the q6600 this has been the best one yet. This was the first site I found that actually verified this worked on the q6600. Most of the information seemed to be speculative at best, maybe a few people stating whether they had success or not. Here is what I gathered so far:

1. It works

2. It may or may not be beneficial. I did find any instance of someone stating they had damaged hardware (I'll be the first).

3. It's basically a crap shoot as to whether it will benefit or not. Of course boards that are locked down gain more than just the speed increase. Some boards it seems this is an improvement due to poor bios. Others it's hardware.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this, specifically with the q6600. I need to replace the generic thermal paste on my cpu anyway, so I'll probably give it a whirl in about a month or so, after I rma some RAM.
    Silverstone case, Q6600 cpu Seagate 300 GB sataII drive x 3, in RAID5. evga 8800gts 640mb gigabyte p35c-ds3r rev. 1.1 Toughpower 750W power supply microsoft mouse and gamepad Saitek keyboard vista home premium x64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: anyone tried pin mod q6600?

Here is a guide, but I think as it says only works for Dual >>>
    Intel BSEL & VID mod Guide - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

No point in doing it for your board though as you can adjust the clock to whatever you want. The main point in doing this mod is for users who have a OEM board Like Dell or HP that cant overclock

It has has helped some people acheive a more stable overclock. I'ts just one of those things I would have to try if I end up dissasembling my board. I have to see what happens
    Silverstone case, Q6600 cpu Seagate 300 GB sataII drive x 3, in RAID5. evga 8800gts 640mb gigabyte p35c-ds3r rev. 1.1 Toughpower 750W power supply microsoft mouse and gamepad Saitek keyboard vista home premium x64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well good luck with it if you do decide to try it, like I said I never have seen any mention of a Quad mod on a REAL overclocking site So I would be skeptical of it myself

"This is a SMALL piece of tape. It's about 100 atoms by 120 atoms in size, haha."

That is a pretty minuscule piece of tape....

Thread Information