Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: x48-ds4 q6600 OC questions

Wink x48-ds4 q6600 OC questions

I'm running a zalman cnps9500 and I'm wondering what the max OC I should expect to get for day to day use (not just, hey.. look what i got once! :) ).

I jumped it to a 9x333 with no problem but didn't know how hard I should push it.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: x48-ds4 q6600 OC questions

Well what you need to keep in mind is not all boards and setups are the same, nor are all CPU's.

So really what "Fred" got one day may or may not even be close to what your system will do, and visa versa.

Just keep a eye on temps and you will be fine. 65NM CPU's can handle some volts 1.5+ if your temps are good.

Based on that Cooler it all depends on how good your mount is as well, I would say in the 3.35 - 3.65 range would be the limit. Likely around 3.4-3.5 is what I see for Air cooling a Q6600

Thanks.. I want to get to 3.2-3.4 so I'll start pushing and see what happens :)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, 3.2-2.4 should be pretty easy 3.4 may start getting tough depending on what Ram you have and how your temps are.

Just keep a eye on them with CoreTemp

Thread Information