Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: World's first overclocking magazine

Default World's first overclocking magazine

Hi,

At one of the IDF keynotes the other day, we launched, what we think is, the world's first overclocking magazine... The Overclocker. It's monthly and it's free and can be found at www.theoverclocker.com .

I'm very keen not to sound like a spammer here... Cam knows me well, and knows what we're doing btw.

We're not going to compete with anyone. We've not got our own (proper) website and we haven't got our own forums. Instead we're going to use forums like these to post questions and send readers here to answer them (or ask questions here and get the industry to answer them).

Because overclocking is global it doesn't matter what country you're in when you read this magazine. In our first issue we cover overclocking in Singapore and Asus' world championships held in Hong Kong. There's some great video interviews with the world's best too.

We've got reports on events, interviews with overclockers and the industry, reports on world record breakers and a handful of reviews. We want to act as a hub for the world's overclocking communities. Hopefully, we can work closely with the people on this particular forum.

Please let us know what you think... constructively please!

Best regards,

Nick, editor

Default Re: World's first overclocking magazine

Great concept and interesting reading material! I ,however, found the magazine almost impossible to read without downloading as PDF. The small text against a colored background is just not clear enough to read without eystrain. The problem could be my eyes or my monitor (Q22wb Optiquest at 1680x1050). Problems such as this are usually easy to overcome on a regular webpage as I can easily resize the page to 150% or so (I use Opera as my browser) but I am unable to resize your magazine pages.

Again ... good material and I enjoyed the read (as PDF) but it would be nice if I didn't need to download to read it. Best of luck with the new magazine and I'll look foreward to seeing next months' edition.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Damn spammer!

hehe kidding - all the best with it
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Cheers mate!

Will see you in a few weeks.

As for text being too small - click on the page and it zooms in. You can drag it around then too. Click once more to zoom out.

Well .... o.k. ...that works great and I feel like a moron. LOL.

How many others had the same problem? Come on people .... tell the truth ... or lie to make me feel better......
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Default Issue 2 is out now

Hi all,

Somehow forgot to mention this here.

Issue 2 of The Overclocker is out now. Let us know what you think!

There's some video interviews with Mr. Tweak himself too!

Get it at...

www.theoverclocker.com

Best regards,

Nick

Thread Information