Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclock CPU on Gateway P-7811FX laptop

Question Overclock CPU on Gateway P-7811FX laptop

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any way for me to overclock the cpu on my Gateway P-7811FX? Maybe if theres any unlocked bios or anything.

Default Re: Overclock CPU on Gateway P-7811FX laptop

You will likely need to find a utility that allows you to fool the system and overclock the processor, but keep in mind that a vast majority of laptops do not overclock well due to heat. Manufacturers try to come to a happy medium with regards to the amount of noise a fan makes (you know... the one that cools the CPU) and the ability to effectively keep a processor cool. There is seldom much room for improvement since the fan speeds cannot usually be controlled.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

thanks for your reply do you know of any utilities that will do that job? (if i am able to keep the temps down)

I don't, I always use desktop systems with overclocker-friendly motherboards. I'll leave this one to others who are more knowledgable than I.

Good luck... and watch your temps!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Clockgen or SetFSB may work on your laptop, but not too likely. Gateway's desktops even are not overclockable so I doubt a laptop by them is at all.

For One of them, I dont remember for sure which, you will need to open your laptop up and find the PLL IC chip and get the numbers off of it. I think SetFSB

Here they both are >>>

SetFSB
    SetFSB_HomePage

ClockGen
    ClockGen 1.0.5.3 Download - EXTREME Overclocking

Thread Information