Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Learning to OC, Intel duo E6320, GA-965P-DS3

Default Learning to OC, Intel duo E6320, GA-965P-DS3

I was thinking of upgrading my pc when I remembered this cpu was supposedly good at overclocking.
    How do I go about overclocking it with the stock cooling fan?
    Basically I have the E6320 @1.86GHz which cpu-z is saying is running at multiplier x6 and core speed 1600, so looks like its under clocked.
    For memory I have 2 A-datas, and cpu-z says 1gb, PC2-6400 (400 mhz)then says timings freq 200mhz, cas# 3.0, ras to cas 3, ras precharge 3, tras 9, trc 12, volt 1.8v.
    then freq 266mhz, 4.0, 4, 4, 12, 16, 1.8v. 400 mhz, 5.5, 5, 5, 18, 23, 1.8v.

Chucko is offline Member

Default Re: Learning to OC, Intel duo E6320, GA-965P-DS3

If SpeedStep (EIST) is enabled, the 1600MHz is your minimum speed (6x multiplier). You'll see the specified speed when the CPU is loaded.

I'll let someone who's familiar with that motherboard and CPU offer OC'ing suggestions.

Wow, I guess first thing I have to take care of is cooling.
    After grabbing a few programs, I see my cores idle at 50 and when I throw a load at them, they spike up to 80, one even kept twitching between 85 and -42c.

I tried reseating it, nothing, however I did realize that default thermal pad was disintegrated practically, so my friends gonna lend me some kind of grease tomorrow.

i reached 2.3ghz with stock cooler were super stable. i have P5B deluxe/wi-fi edition. try to apply the thermal grease in a way that there wont be any bubbles pop out. lower the heatsink from one side to the other slowly, rather than putting it all at one go. dig me? =)

Quote Originally Posted by fle0n View Post
    i reached 2.3ghz with stock cooler were super stable. i have P5B deluxe/wi-fi edition. try to apply the thermal grease in a way that there wont be any bubbles pop out. lower the heatsink from one side to the other slowly, rather than putting it all at one go. dig me? =)
    Nod, I was hoping for about 2.5 or so, but 2.3 would be great.
    Never applied the grease before but my friend is gonna pop by with it and hes been using the stuff for years. I remember 2 rigs ago he gave me some and put it down somewhere, and someone else in the house threw it out, so I never had the chance to us it. He'll probably help apply it.
    Also I noticed one of the lil clip parts at the end of a push pin was bent back, causing the plastic to look like its going to snap soon. I carefully pushed it back down to its place and it snapped back in no problem. the heatsink is still on nice and tight, it doesnt wiggle or anything so I hope its still fine.
    If not, whats a decent option from newegg around $20-30?

Thread Information