Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ati 8500dv

I just bought a retail ATI 8500 DV from Newegg.com and was wondering what's would be the best way to overclock this card? Since this card's clock speed is only 230mhz and memory clock is only 190mhz. I've tried Powerstrip but, even bumping it up 5 points each and then running Quake 3 crashes it.

Also, it's running on the Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum and I have the option of raising the voltage of the video card. I'm just wondering how dangerious is this?

Any suggestions would be great.

:?: :?: :?:

FYI-I've had this card since release in December and found my 3d mark scores to be better on the older driver sets. I don't know why. also the newer drivers out like the catalist and omegas don't work because of all the multimedia drivers aren't included and Xp wont keep them and install just the display drivers. My next card will be a Radeon-but not an AIW.

You'll probably find that you'll need to voltage mod the card it self with the pencil trick but atm I can't search back thru the news postings where I know it is. :(
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I thought that was only possible with only the regular 8500?

No, all of them I've heard. :smokin:

you wouldn't know where this forum is, would you and would kinds of speed could i reach with the AIW 8500DV. the default on this thing is only 230/190. thanks.

RDR would probably be able to help ya better with these cards and their trinks than I can atm. ;)
    The question is. "Where is he?" :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

here I am....

I don't know about AIW's but I know the pencil trick V mod works on all 8500/8500LE's that follow the ref. design

If you memory clock is 190 - it sounds like you got one of the infamous 5.5ns memory models...you have my sympathies. You can check the speed designation on the memory chips to see if this is the case. Is it a "built by ATi" or "Powered by ATI"? some of the low end 3rd party boards are kinda crappy - and some e-tailers don't list the mfg's & just put them all under ATi - kind of misleading.

I've found the later drivers 6094's & 6118's to be the best w/XP - although I don't have an AIW so I don't know if there are multi media components missing. Powerstrip has always worked fine for me - but there are others available too

check out www.Rage3D.com for more info

:thumb:

Actually, this is the Retail AIW 8500DV. Isn't 230/190 what it's suppose to be? Just got it from Newegg.com. I hope I didn't get burn!:mad: :mad: :mad:

That sounds like a really low core and clock speeds. Considering the price of the AIW RADEON you'd think it'd be clocked at the retail 275/275.
    Abit-ST6RAID
    1.4GHz Tualitin Celereon oc'ed to 1.736GHz
    3dfx Voodoo5-5500 (182/182)
    MSI GeForce4-Ti4400 (330/630)
    40.9 GB UATA 100
    90 GB UATA 100
    SB Live! Value
    NDC Fast 10/100 Ethernet
    Cable Modem, @rogers
    21" ViewSonic P810
    32x Panasonic CD-ROM
    ASUS 32x12x40 CD-R/RW