Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: my A7V333....

this baby reaches only 153/38 Mhz as frequency no matter what multiplier i put (i got 11.5X now) so i can overclock at the most my AMD Athlon 1700 XP+ from 1496 Mhz to 1682. After that my computer doesn't even want to hear about starting up.
    What is it keeping down?
    Is It the RAM? can i cool it more and see results even higher?
    Is the motherboard that can't just take no more or the AMD?
    Shall i increase the vcore a bit more?

My 3dmark 2001 SE has reached 10690 but can't get pass that without unstablelizing everything.

A7V333
    Samsung PC2700 2x 256MB 333
    AMC Athlon 1700 XP+
    Leadtek Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64 272/540
    Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
    Maxtor 7200 40 Gb
    blah..... blah.....
    Be cool

It could be your memory timings, sound card, even maybe the hard drive, but it just could be as far as your CPU will go or your cooling at this point is not up to the job. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

, no that is very unlikely, i got pinguins running around my motherboard man: Volcano 7+ on the CPU keeping temp around 40 degrees.
    i found a good offer for a thermaltake ram cooler and that is what i will try now although i got the feeling it won't help.
    Motherboard runs around 32 degrees.
    i'm seroiusly thinking i reached the top of the mountain and that just makes me sad.
    Too bad, thanks for your help anyway.
    :cheers:
    Be cool

Well ya did get it from a PR of 1700+ to one of slightly better than 2000+ so a good job just the same. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

have you tried changing your cpu:memory multiplier from 4:5 (333MHz DDR) to 1:1 (266MHz DDR) ?

I tried and it seems not to improve performance. Anyway why should i set it back to 1:1 if my memory works at 333 Mhz. Even if it would solve the problem woudn't cause another one, that is, my memory running at 266? Am i confused?
    Anyway i think i truly reached the apex of OC in my computer, at least the reasonable one.
    i made peace with myself and the need for speed i had.
    So what is left to say is: Peace to u all people!
    wings:
    :D
    Be cool

i was just thinking that it might have been your RAM stopping you from OCing futher :\

We all reach the limits of the equipment if we push hard enough. Just the luck of the draw on the proc.

Thread Information