Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte X58A-UD7 Gulftown smackdown at 6GHz looking pretty easy

Default Re: Gigabyte X58A-UD7 Gulftown smackdown at 6GHz looking pretty easy

OK so here we go i did the first very quick GPU test due to some early cold issues

first of all.... >> Gigabyte 5870SOC card has no cold bug woohoo so you can run it at full blast and not think about it however memory chips on any GFX cards will eventually get a bit too cold so that is one thing that needs to be managed. The way i will fix that is same as i did on GTX275 lightning card by using Inox grease which will not freeze or melt any any temp lol....youngpro's tip that one from last year's testing we did for GPU competitions...:thumbup:

in the first few tests i went up to 1350/1300 (escaped half way through) but until i get this grease sorted right i wont know if i will be able to get more or not

i used 1.45v or so.......card didnt like 1.47 so im guessing its hitting some ocp or whatever i dont know....blank screen when it hits 3d

here is a canyon in 06 (heavy GPU test) at 1300/1300 which looks fine at 157FPS so it wasnt throttling

Here are a few photos from the bench session

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Damn, looks cold over there!!

Is Gigabyte releasing a voltage tweak software with this card, or does others work like the MSI one? Or is your voltage changes hard mods only?

i am using software but i dont know what they will release..........its very easy to set 1.6 to the card and go poof heheheh

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

HAHA, I hear that!

Tell them they should at least release some form of it, to keep up with the competition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information