Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prime/OCCT/MemTest/FurMark/...-stable, but not in Games. Advice welcome.

Default Re: Prime/OCCT/MemTest/FurMark/...-stable, but not in Games. Advice welcome.

hm yeah in a way. seeing that my other 9400GT has the same issue the card itself should not be the problem, maybe brand. hope to get an ATI soon to test that.

what i'm going to test beforehand:
    1. Driver update of all parts
    2. bios downgrade F14->F13
    3. mainboard from my other pc (p35-ds3R) -> oh man i'm really not in the mood for that one. the "problem pc" is in an htpc-case and the cables are beautifully hidden which will take quite some time to get there again.

and if those 3 not improve things, which I think they don't, then I guess I have no other chance than to try an ATI and see if that makes a difference.

again, i do not understand why this problem is only present when doing OC. I mean if the card/driver/brand really is the culprit wouldn't it also cause problems @ stock?

Oh my, so far in computing I always found causality when facing problem. But this really annoys me, hope to find the culprit.
    "From the moment they wake, they devote themselves to the perfection of whatever they pursue"

Default Re: Prime/OCCT/MemTest/FurMark/...-stable, but not in Games. Advice welcome.

hm GTA4 and Assassin's Creed use SecuRom. Crysis not. I can't imagine that's the cause but who knows. SF4 is SecuRom too but maybe haven't played that long enough. will try that longer and also Batman: Arkham Asylum.
    "From the moment they wake, they devote themselves to the perfection of whatever they pursue"

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well the driver could only cause issues at high clocks were things are being pushed.

Try out 101-103 PCIE freq with your overclock and see if that helps, might fix it right up.

will do that and report back. if it does the trick i'll kiss your ass (well figuratively ^.^).

HAHA, well good luck!

I'll see ya tonight, heading out shortly

updates:

Code:
    PCI-E Frequency 101_______________________ no improvement
    PCI-E Frequency 102_______________________ no improvement
    PCI-E Frequency 103_______________________ no improvement
    PCI-E Frequency 105_______________________ no improvement
    PCI-E Frequency 115_______________________ no improvement
    PCI-E Frequency Auto______________________ no improvement
    Bios F13__________________________________ no improvement
    Driver Update_____________________________ no improvement

PCI-E set back to 100

Played SF4 and after 1 1/2 h short freeze of 2-3 secs then graphical glitches (texture paint visible) but game still playable in background with sound. back to menu, also graphical glitches.

hmhmhm. I'll try my other mobo and after that there's nothing to do but replace my GPU and maybe test an ATI...

Ahh!

What are your thoughts now? Can you borrow a ATI card from a buddy?

No, they have Nvidia, too. Buy/return I guess.

But first to the mobo change, when that is done I report back. Well p35-ds3 to p35-ds3R shouldn't make much of a difference unless the ds3 really is broken somewhere. But at least I can say I tried that too, afterwards.

Oh and Lsdmeasap, again I must say I really appreciate your support here.

Anytime, I am always here to help!

Ya, not sure if the board change will matter much unless something is broken like you said.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information