Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OVERCLOCK HELP: Gigabyte UD3R REV 1.6 - i7 930 - Gskill 3x 2GB 1066 MHz

Default Re: OVERCLOCK HELP: Gigabyte UD3R REV 1.6 - i7 930 - Gskill 3x 2GB 1066 MHz

I checked and I guess I'm using the latest drivers with the F5 BIOS. I checked the BIOS and changed from onchip to Auto, but didn't notice any difference. I think I had manually changed it to onchip at some point.
    I built three machines exactly the same recently with the exception of hard drives. This is the only one I setup with SATA3 RAID 0 and thought I would notice a difference. I haven't done any real testing. I know it doesn't mean much, but I think the windows score is even less on this one (5.9) than the other two with single hard drives.
    GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R
    Intel Core i7-930
    CORSAIR XMS3 6GB - CMX6GX3M3C1600C7
    Corsair H50-1 CPU Cooler
    SAPPHIRE 100297SR Radeon HD 5830
    (2) WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s
    CORSAIR CMPSU-750HX 750W ATX12V

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: OVERCLOCK HELP: Gigabyte UD3R REV 1.6 - i7 930 - Gskill 3x 2GB 1066 MHz

When you set it to auto it will update the firmware on the next reboot, you will see this happen at the top of the DMI pool page before the OS loads.

If nothing happens then it is up to date, or you need to use the latest Beta BIOS.

I haven't used these disks, but Windows score is not a real benchmark.

If you want to compare them you need to use something like HD tach RW, HD Tune Pro, or CrystalDiskMark, surely this will show you that the 6GB/s drive is much faster

I think you need SSD or RAID to go above 5.9 WEI

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information