Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Testing i5 Turbo stability

Default Testing i5 Turbo stability

I'm testing some mild, at stock voltage or close to it overclocks on my i5 750, and, while stable for several hours running 4 threads in Intelburntest, are unstable with 2 threads.
    For example, Intelburntest is stable for hours with 160BCLOCK, 1.3v CPU, 1.1v vtt, and turbo enabled, but fails within 10minutes with 2 threads instead of 4, even with the CPU bumped to 1.325v and vtt to 1.15.

Looking at CPU-Z and Task manager, the CPU seems to spread the load over all 4 cores, only bumping to the 22-24x multiplier occasionally(though realtemp says otherwise, claiming the multi is really hovering at decimals between 23 and 24, which is correct?).

What I'm asking is, is this the best way to test Turbo stability? I can't find a benchmarking app that has a "lock thread to core" type feature. I could disable the cores in the BIOS for benching but I'm guessing that's not a good idea :P

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Testing i5 Turbo stability

What do you mean 2 threads,, IBT does not use "Threads" so to speak so I am unsure what you are failing in?

http://i.imgur.com/8XczP.png

Also fails prime95 with 2 torture threads.

I got it stable at both 155BCLK, 1.15 vtt and 160BCLK, 1.17vtt with turbo.

Just wondering if this is the best way to test the 24x Turbo multi. The failing benchmark's tell me it works but CPU-Z claims the CPU is still only at 21x most of the time.

Ohh ok, sorry!

Not sure why 2 would fail, but 4 would be fine? Maybe a program error?

I am not sure how you should/would test the x24 mutli, but I do know it is only some cores some of the time.

I would just test with 4 threads and leave it at that

Well, it is consistent in both prime95 and IBT, and doesn't crash with 2 threads at stock.
    Doesn't seem worth trying to OC with Turbo, too much work to ensure stability.

Pretty happy with 3600MHz no TB with C-states/EIST at 1.17v vtt and +0.06875v Dynamic vcore (1.232v load cpu-z) to keep a nice low idle vcore.

Kinda suprised Dynamic vcore worked at the lowest voltage I was able to get with a static setting, 100 passes of Linx stable.
    Last edited by ridill; 05-25-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Thread Information