Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New to OverClocking, Need Some Advice On Ram Timing settings,

Cool New to OverClocking, Need Some Advice On Ram Timing settings,

I'm Not Trying To Set A Record or Anything, Just Get as much Improvement as I can without Liquid Cooling, Etc (As Some Old Street Racing Buddy's of Mine Would Say: "3/4 Race" . . . This Is My First Build, Gigabyte G41M ES2L Mobo, 2x 2 Gig PNY Pc2 6400 Gaming (Sheilded) Ram. Nvidia GeForce GT 240 GPU, Intel Dual- Core E6500 Wolfdale processor, And A 400 Watt Power Supply, Plenty of fan's Cooling Thing's. Can Someone recomend How To Set My Ram Timings ? Right Now I've Got Most Of The Setting's on "Auto" Cuz I Still Dont Have A Grip On all This, Do I Adjust The FSB To Get The Ram to 800Mhz (Which I Have Done Already) Or Do I Jack Up The CPU As Far As It Will Go, And Still Boot, And Then adjust The Ram Accordingly ? I Have Played Around with the Ram Voltage's Without a whole Lot of Difference, From 1.8 all The Way to 2.2v. I've Read That You Should Set Your Ram Timings Manually For Best Performance, After Setting Them Do You Flip The Main Box Back To "Auto" or Leave It on Manual? what if Some are Set To Auto, And Some Set Manually? How Hot Can My CPU Get Before I Should Get Nervous? I've Heard anywhere From 70c to 100c. Thank's For Your Time. . Greg

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: New to OverClocking, Need Some Advice On Ram Timing settings,

Can you please link us to your memory, then we can advise from there

Thread Information