Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Recommended speed for a Ti4400

Ok i got a Geforce 4 Ti4400 and i have it runnin at 310/650 pretty high which i know i am gonna lower the mem speed but anyways i have the thermaltake coolers and heatsinks on it so cooling isnt much of a prob any suggestions on a speed
    AMD Athlon 1Ghz
    Visiontek Geforce 4 Ti 4400 128mb
    256mb Ram
    SB Audigy Gamer
    Altec Lansing 5.1 Speakers
    Cable Internet (Thank God For That)

Sqeak In my humble opinion (hah), unless you "need" to overclock to get enough frame rate to play a game at a particular setting, keep it conservative or don't overclock at all. I change the settings on my card several times a day. When I don't need speed, it's at stock settings. I want it to last.

ACK! What do you mean "keep it conservative or don't overclock at all"? How can anyone who considers themselves to be a true enthusiast have their video card and processor at stock speeds unless it's in the name of testing? And even then, you should do both stock and O/C values. Besides, it will be upgrade time long before you burn out a GF4 GPU even at overclocked speeds.

Sqeak,
    As a general rule, increase the memory and GPU frequencies to a point where you begin seeing visual artifacts in intensive 3d titles. Once you start seeing them, back the speeds off by a hair and use this as your normal settings. This will give you the best performance on a regular basis. And since you stated that you had a GF4 cooler, you shouldn't have any real concerns about heat. :)

Keep on Tweakin'
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I've got my MSI GeForce4-Ti4400 upto 330/630 very stabily. Most get even higher with the memory.
    Abit-ST6RAID
    1.4GHz Tualitin Celereon oc'ed to 1.736GHz
    3dfx Voodoo5-5500 (182/182)
    MSI GeForce4-Ti4400 (330/630)
    40.9 GB UATA 100
    90 GB UATA 100
    SB Live! Value
    NDC Fast 10/100 Ethernet
    Cable Modem, @rogers
    21" ViewSonic P810
    32x Panasonic CD-ROM
    ASUS 32x12x40 CD-R/RW