Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclocking a Dell 8100 laptop...is it possible?

What can I do to overclock my 8100? I don't really know anything about overclocking, but I'd like to get some more juice out of it if possible.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thx!

Have you gone looking in the BIOS? There may be some options there to play with, but probably not much since it's a Dell.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

As a general rule, laptop makers don't give you any way to overclock their products. They don't want to spend money on support if it becomes unstable. Overclocking would produce heat problems that you could not easily overcome (heat tolerances are sometomes already pretty tight in laptops since they are looking for good performance, but wouldn't want to put big fans in them). Overclocking would not only generate more heat from the cpu but maybe the battery as well, since it will discharge more quickly. They wouldn't you complaining about poor battery life or mentioning to other prospective buyers that you maybe get only an hour on a battery. Laptops are a bunch of engineering compromises between power, heat, and battery life that try to strike some kind of balance. The manufactures don't want to let anyone upset that balance.

Thread Information