Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New to Overclocking in Bios

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: New to Overclocking in Bios

How about the settings, did you have any luck?

So far so good actually. The comp has been on for about 15 minutes so far, and running stbale. CPU temp is at 55C, 27C under the system temp. I am a little worried about the CPU temp, but I just found it's max operating specs, and it looks as if 72.4C is it's max point. Still going to get an after-market fan later though.

So you are with DDR-1600 and stock CPU frequency?
    We normally use core temperatures not the CPU taht is reported by EasyTune, use Core Temp or RealTemp to monitor them.
    Can you post a screen capture of MemSet main window and MaxxMEM Preview memory benchmark?
    You can find these in http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html

To capture a single window, make it active(front most) and press Alt+PrintScreen.
    If you want to capture more than one window, capture all the screen, and then crop only the relevant area, Windows 7 Paint has a crop function, select the area you want then click crop.

When it comes to aftermarket coolers, not all that shines is good, what options you have?

Having your system info in your signature will help us assist you.

I am indeed with 1600 and stock CPU frequency. Right now I haven't really checked my options for after-market coolers. I have to save my cash again for a few months, so that will give me time to research coolers. I have the screen shots you asked for.
    Attached Images Attached Images New to Overclocking in Bios-mem-jpg 

Try to set Static tRead Valu lower on both channels, 8 or even 7 should be possible, that will increase bandwidth slightly and lower latency time.
    The max temps are for the memory benchmark? They shouldn't be this highe with stock voltage even with stock cooler.
    Have you set CPU Vcore to Normal and VTT(CPU Termination) to 1.2?

Yes, Vcore and termination are set accordingly. And you are right, that was not the RAM temp. Trying to figure out how to change it to check RAM temp.
    Last edited by gatomon02; 04-12-2011 at 09:36 AM.

I was referring to the temps of RealTem, this is the core temperature in the hottest spot on the core.
    For this test they should have not more than 55C even with ambiant of 30-32c.
    What ambiant temp do you have?
    What kind of thermal paste did you use? Have you removed and reinstalled the HS without re-applyinh thermaal paste?
    A simple test to make is open the case and put a room fan over it and see if it changes things for better. Could be that there a problem with case airflow.

Yes, I did put Thermal Interfacing on the CPU. The ambient temp in the case is averaging about 28C. The heat sensor I placed under the MB beneath the CPU says 48C at this time. I used Arctic Silver by the way. Of course, now that I think about it, my power supply connectors may be putting a wall in front of my two frontal fans. Moving those away should help if they are blocking air.
    Last edited by gatomon02; 04-12-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Yeah, moving wires around did the trick. It still tops out pretty hot though if I burn it. Just finished checking again while doing the memmax test. Went 56 low, 93 high.
    Attached Images Attached Images New to Overclocking in Bios-mem-jpg 

No need for any heat sensor, Intel have them built in the CPU, and would be more accurate of anything unless you are willing to drill in the HS and place the sensor accorfing to intel spec to measure Tcase, which of course I would advise against.

AS5 should be fine, so you may not seated the HS properly or put too much or not enough paste.
    Normal temps, even for Prime95 should be under 60c (core temps).
    Sometimes the sensors need callibration, but it is rare to have them off by more than few temps.
    How higher the case temp from room temp?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information