Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just starting out

I got a emachines t3100 128mb ram {upgrading to 256 next week} p3 1ghz no real extras except the software i use but it's probably not importan at this point aside from the fact that I'm running xp pro w/sp1 30g hd and a cdrw. any sugestions would be nice . also what programs do you use to bench mark ? thanks in advance .:shoot3:

You'll get a little more out of it if the motherboard will allow you to adjust the Front Side Bus (FSB) frequency. This can be done by jumpers/dip switches or in the BIOS if the board supports it. The only thing is not to expect to get much out of it as the P3's tend to become unstable from around 1100MHz as this is as far as the old 0.18 micron CPU's could go. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Another limiting factor with an Emachines box is that they usually use the smallest power supply that will fire up the box. It is probably not on the high end of the quality scale either. It may not take much more than the origional power load to make it unstable.

how do I get into my bios to change the settings ?:?:

During bootup, right after the memory count, you should have the option of hitting a key that will bring up the bios setup screen. It depends on your mobo what it is, but some common ones are "delete", "F1", "F2". If none of these work, check your manual or Emachines site.

thanx i'll try on my next boot up

if you are going to OC make sure your cooling is good, although I don't think that the p3's create too much heat...
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

gave up on my emachine I'm building a amd system :cheers:

How much do ya got to spend? I just ordered all the parts for my new AMD system, total came to $1200.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

WOW, for all that you ordered...in your signature....you only spen 2200 USD ? :confused: I know your mobo is different, but hmmm... :confused:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information