Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

But this is with only 155MHz FSB.
    Seems very hot, is this how it wlways been before overclocking? All case fans working properly?

yep before overclocking it had like 60 65 ., but there is a problem i had , i might still have it , the the fan on the mother board was a little loose , i tried to get it fixed , not sure if it got fixed , and there is another case fan , thats working , .. for a week maybe i left the case open , ofc disabling the 2nd fan , but just letting left side open , cuz i was worried about the temp as well

Do you mean the whole CPU heatsink was loose? Maybe you need to clean it and re-apply thermal paste.
    Need to do it with care, the stock HS pins break easily.

Try a room fan blowing over the open case see if that gets temps lower.

yea the heatsink was loose but i sent the pc , to a pc shop to get it fixed , and he did clean infront of me , and we managed to make it stable again (heatsink) .but to be honest i didnt notice if he put thermal paste or not , was busy looking at stuff i guess . but i did open it now , and there is no thermal paste :S .. opened the bios the temp was at 73c! ..
    the dram is at 1.86 the higher after 1.80
    so far all my pc problems that i faced is heat isnt it ?

okay i had a problem now , i think pc turned off by itself cuz it got hot .. anyways got a fan on it and opened the case , its at 50 now

It's a wonder it still keep it at 50 with no paste.
    But this is at idle. Run HWMonitor(CPUID) while you running tests, the temperature that change most should be CPU temp.
    Also see what max vcore you get under load.

Arctic Silver 5 or rctic cooling MX-2 are quite cheap see if you can get some, they should be like 5-7 dollars.

okay , i got a paste , and its all good now , when i opened the bios after puting the paste , it had 44 c .. now its around 56c testing it with speedfan , but sometimes it jumps to 60ish for a while opening a game or something firefox etc ( now its 62c with firefox opened and media player ), , i changed the cpu frequency to 160 , surprisingly the game didnt crash even after 2 hours . and i did 2 stress tests , for 15 mins each .. no errors no warnings , thou temp reached 73c while the stress testing ..
    im going to attach the recent cpuid report with current temp and at 160 .
    Attached Files Attached Files

maximum cpu vcore underload is 1.26 V
    getting to 69 c

73c may still be high but at least it's under load not at idle.
    I know InternetExplorer or FireFox can have some load on the CPU when there a flash item on them.
    Tcase max for this cpu is 69.c so maybe the sensor is not very accurate (usually they are not).

what u think about this me increasing the frequency up to 170 about 4.0 ghz ..i think it crashed the last time when i did this cuz i had the ram timings on 4 4 4 12 , maybe this time with the new timing 5 5 5 15 , at 170 or even 180 , it wont give me any Bsods or higher temp than the temp im getting now .. and about the game not getting any massive fps drop to 1 at 160 ,i guess its due to the ram timings change so i have a feeling it will work :D and maybe reach up to 4.2ghz

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information