Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

It's up to you, if temps are not higher then it's OK, vcore stay the same so it may or may not be enough.
    Try 167, 171, 175 and so on. Above 171 memory timings may need a tweak or a bit higher voltage instead.

well i guess u really helped my problem :D with the timings :D .. ive been running it on 167 for like 3 hours so far, stress tested , max temp i got 69 under load and 55 at idle .. , when i opened the bios , to change the freq i saw the vcore jumped to 1.28 , now its back to 1.26 as its max , dont know why it got to 1.28 for a while , about making 171 and above , should i increase the dram voltage to 1.96 ? cuz its 1.91 now ..
    and about the timing , both the rams share the same timing now , 5 5 5 15 , at 333 mhz , now a simple question , the timings have to match in both rams ? . cuz the 512 has 333 mhz as its max but the 2 gb has 400 mhz

No need to increase ram voltage unless it's not stable, you can set it back to 1.86 if it's stable with it.
    It did hold quite well beefore with the 4-4-4-12 up to 155 so it may be good without changing anything.
    Yes the timings must match, with the extra voltage the 512 may be ok, depend on their quality.
    Do the memory have a heatsink? Heat may be a problem too. A fan located above or near the memory or the case cover can help cooling the memory and NorthBridge.

okay the memory doesnt have a heatsink , well the case fan is some how near the memory buts its located infront of the cpu heatsink , the fan on the cpu works in a wierd way i guess , it blows the hot air from the cpu upward forcing it to get sucked in the case fan out of the pc case , cant really explain it in a better way ..
    okay since the ram timings must match i guess ill stick with 55515 cuz its the max of the 512 and i want to get the best out of the 2gb , and i feel a difference to be honest .. now is there any cpu freq limits based on the ram freq of 333mhz ?
    and my temp is stable , 55 idle 69 at load .. 55 now with firefox winamp opened

The CPU would probably be limited by temperature or vcore not ram at worse case ram timings can be loosend or frequency can be lowrd.
    Memory now use max multiplier (1:2 FSB:RAM), you can use 2:3(263 @ 175FSB), 6:8 5:6 or 1:1, so the ram is not limiting.

okay as i said before my only problem is the heat sink , i was moving some stuff around bumbed my shoulder the pc case , anyways in 5 mins the temp got 71 again
    opened the case and heat sink wasnt stable again .. i pushed the pins again in the right direction made sure theyre tight and now the temp even less than before its 50c . i guess ill just a buy a new heatsink intel i saw costs like 25 $ . or just get a new cpu like im planing since the only bad thing in my pc is the cpu . now for my mobo the asrock g41c-s , what u think is better core 2 duo or core 2 quad , i want something for heavy multitasking , 3d games with in team chat .. and it does come with a heat sink so i guess its the best solution for me , and a cpu with good over clocking , any advices and thank you for helping me so far . appreciated .

Which cooler you been looking at, stock coolers for intel?
    For less than 25 dollars you can get Zalman CNPS5x, not a performance cooler but better than the stock and fits many types of sockets.
    If you want something better than it will cost 30-50 dollars.

ya the stock intel cooler , well i dont know if im going to keep the celeron to be honest , i wana get a new graphic card and i have no idea if it works well with my pc . but from yestrday till now my temp didnt get over 58 at LOAD , 10 degress less than its max , so i guess for now i can manage to get the zalman cnps5x for better cooling than mine

yea one more question . i usually keep my pc on for 10 days i dont really turn it off alot . is that really bad ?

I used to have my pc on forweeks running 2 Prime95, but now to save power I shut it down or put it to sleep every day, I don't think it's bad, just keep in mind the components has a certain life span.

I think your temps are fine now, maybe you can save on the HS for now.

The G41 suppors PCI-E 1.1, most cards are 2.0 complinnt and should be backwards compatible but there still may be some incompatibilities.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information