Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

Default Re: overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

ofc if the 5770 has not that much diff in price ill get , i was just trying to point out the graphic card we talked about .
    i love geforce cards ill check out the gtx 550 cuz some games have problems working on ati cards .
    i noticed something now with SS disabled , the pc is fast and nice etc .. but there is kinda roughness u know , i mean it was smooth when opening programs but as if its pushing something while doing that, silly feeling of roughness :P ..
    btw how old are u ? do u have any other games u play ?
    i play rpg games , like dota hon lol .. but mostly heroes of newerth *hon* since dota is really old and league of legends is for gays ^^ didnt like the gameplay of it

Chike is offline Senior Member

I am pretty old.... Not playing now due to visual problems.
    Used to play america's army ops for many years.

ive seen this game like a million times but never thought of playing it .. well illtry to say this in english i wish u the most(good) out of life
    since i started this thread ive learned alot about pcs , serioulsy overclocking is like a hobby

hello again , now im just wondering the north bride controls the ram and the integrated graphic card right .. ? if so , will increasing the voltage to 1.30 ( max ) instead of 1.23 help for better performance ?

No, no need to increase voltage, it's already pretty high, according to intel it's default is 1.125v and max 1.21v.
    Higher voltage is needed for a latge fast memory configurations, and/or high FSB.
    The board is capable running 333MHz FSB so that is not an issue.
    My system is doing fine with 1.18v at 450MHz FSB.

aha okay so it would be risky increasing the voltage ,, okay when u say the board is capable at running u mean bus speed 333 mhz ? it will reach like 5.ghz right? .. now im on 177 mhz 4.25 ghz its pretty nice actually but not seeing any diff in games fps , i get about 25 max ofc due to the onboard card , but whats stoping me from reaching 200 mhz , everytime i get to 180 something happens , either bsod , and yestrday i tried it , i loosned the ram increased the dram voltage to 1.96 and at 180 mhz it worked for like 7 10 mins then it turned off suddenly ..
    and by getting the video card ill get better fps ofc but will the video card show me better cpu performance when i cancel the onboard ?
    one more thing :P .. the system shared memory in my bios was set at max ( 256 ) i read a couple of things about it , and i lowered it to 128 , what u think ? is it better or should i get it back to 256 , cuz to be honest i noticed some fps drop at 128 .. that was dumb of me to lower it -.-'' , i just realized that i lowered the ram of the onboard from 256 to 128 .. getting it back to max
    Last edited by gametofame; 07-29-2011 at 08:32 AM.

If it shuts down it must be temperature.
    Can you run CPU-Z while the cpu under load and see what is the vcopre reading?
    I think it's natural that fps drop if you reducing the memory for graphics.

the vcore drops to 1.22 from 1.256 on load , temp is 59 60

OK voltage is fine. Actually it can take up to 1.4vwhich would probably help OC but lso result in more heat.

EDIT: look at event log for the reason for shutdown.

all the events related to shutdown had the same reason
    The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007f (0x00000008, 0x80042000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini072811-01.dmp.
    it has something to do with faulty mb or cpu as i found out in some forums

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information