Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

Default Re: overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

Stop 0x0000007F or UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP---This error is most commonly caused by a hardware failure. Defective or mismatched memory, a malfunctioning CPU, or overheating can cause this failure.

Chike is offline Senior Member

As I said before, it's quite wurprising you got 4GHz without having to change vcore.
    Stay with whatever max FSB is stable.

yea ur right , now im getting 4,25 stable everything is working great , im going to stick on it .. its just greed sir hehe

hey again .. i believe i have a pcie 1 slot right .. ? .. that graphic card is a pcie 2 slot . woudl that effect the performance of the card and if so , can i upgrade the slot ( lol ) or just get a graphic card for pcie 1 slot ,

The G41 supports PCI-E 1.1 cannot do anything about it but upgrade the board.
    I belive the card would be fine with PCI-E 1.1 x16, I saw a comparison benchmark that compared PCI-E 2.0 x8(which has the same bandwidth as PCI-E 1.1 x16) to PCI-E 2.0 x16 and there was only a neglectable performance loss.

The card should be backward compatible, but there can always be compatibility issues. If you can take it to the store to make sure it works or which card works it may save u time money and a headach.

okay great to hear that ... anyways im heading to a shop tomoro ,and ill ask about it .. and i think the guy who works there adviced me about a graphic card , ill get the info tomoro and tell u .. maybe we can compare it .

well i have something ive been wondering about .. i have something called flex mode in my bios , it lets the 512 ram i have deal with 512 ( from the 2gb ) as dual channel and the rest of the 2 gb is dealt as 1 single channel mode .. so my question is should i disable it ? in this case both the rams will deal as single channel mode

I don't know of any way to disable flex mde other then installing both modules in the same channel.
    Dual channel performs slightly better why would you want to disable it?

well im not really sure why , but i dont think the flex mode is really that worth it , it can be disabled from my bios .. well now when i increase my cpu speed the ram frequency goes up with it .. do u think having a 512 ram at 333 mhz max bw is limiting me somehow ?

I don't think it's the memory, it was running even higher before. You can try lower memory multiplier and see if you can up the fSB.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information