Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: overclocking intel Celeron D 3.2

All of them have different sockets, Clarcdale Lynfield LGA 1156 and SandyBridge LGA 1155.
    All have a built in memory controler, so no north-bridge, but SandyBridge memory performance is much better, and it has new AVX instruction set that will make games even faster once it will be used.

I edited my previous post please take a look.

so ure so saying i can oc an amd cpu and it has integrated graphics less performance than the i series means less cost .. well i get to pick the cpu i want to .. im not forced to the i series . i can get amd cpu and i think it will cost less .. but seriously amd over i 7 ? .. and about the oc with amd ill still need another motherboard for the vcore right ?..
    i read that the i 5 and i 7 had good intergrated graphic card better than the old series of intel but if the amd has abetter one with a less performance thats not too much yea why not i can get an amd ..
    and about the ram since i wont be changing my motherboard anytime soon , i stick with the 1333 sincethe max my MB supports

No, the AMD APUs has less computing power, meaning the i5/i7 are stronger, but their built-in graphics is way more powerful then the Core iX integrated graphics. SandyBridge iGPU is the best of intel's but still far behind AMD's iGPU.

P3000+ to P4000+ depend on the APU (A6 or A8) and more when OCe. Much more, P8000+ if you add a descrete graphics card, half the price of 5770 or GTX 550 Ti. Not as strong as either of them but not bad wither.
    You may get better performance with the new iGPU but it's not made for gaming.

I think the best I got with my card was about P7600, CPU at 3.82GHz and card basic OC with the Catalyst.

Core i7/i5 are in the range of 220-350 dollars, the AMD A8-3850 is around 150 dollars.

True Fusion: AMD A8-3800 APU Review - X-bit labs

hello sir . how are u .. ? okay after days of waiting . ill be getting this in2 days , core to quad 4 mb cashe (maybe more ) .. 4 gb ram ddr2 1333 . on the same motherboard for now .. but im pretty excited about it .. im sure there will be a big difference in pc experience ,,
    a question outside our subject , my friend has amd athlon 62 X2 5200+
    his temp are fine cpu and motherboard, but his mcp temp which is northbridge is a high , it reaches 79 c load sometimes more .. he checked the paste the heat sink , his fan is running at 1600 , mine on celeron is running on 2722 . and he couldnt last 2 secs touching the north bridge , maybe its a broken fuse or faulty motherboard ? and is it normal to have such high temp for north bridge ?

DDR2 1333? I don't think there is such.
    Which quad do you know? I find it hard to believe you'd feel the difference, maybe a bit of more resosinve system due to better memory performance, in gaming - none.

I am not so familiar with the athlon. If the north-bridge is over heating and the paste is ok then placing a side fan or somwhere near the drives bay that will blow over it, or even 40-50mm fan glued on the NB HS itself will improve temps.

sorry didnt mean their speed is up to 1333 , i was talking about ram oc with my friend before guess i took it here with me , well its 4 gb ram ddr2 2 x 2, .
    and serioulsy i wont find any difference between celeron d and core to quad ?
    okay now since i have 2.5 gb ram im getting up to 1 gb graphic card memory , on my motherboard site , it says once u install 4 gb ram and more on 64 system it will give u the max amount enabled of shared memory which is 1750 as graphic memory so im sure it will be better than now , not dramatic until i get a video card , but over all core to quad is still better than celeron ?

and i dont know which core to quad yet , tomoro he is going out to buy it , but im 90 % sure he will get the best one of it

Good luck with new hardware.
    B ecareful when replacing parts, ground yourself often, static charges can kill CPU / memory quickly.

hey again . so here it is , core 2 quad q8300 @ 2.50 4 mb chache
    8 gb ram ddr 3 1333
    64 windows 7 ..
    and to be honest there is some change in games im getting like 55 fps

okay i have something inbios that says either 1066mhz or 1333 mhz ddr3
    and my timings are set on 6 6 6 17 , i really cant understand why ..
    my multiplier is 6 so speepstep is disabled on 7.5 it gets enabled and the clock speed is 333

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information