Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Soyo Dragon Ultra newb q's

I'm finally getting my Soyo Dragon Ultra MB in the mail today and being that its my first time building a computer from scratch, I was wondering what general settings should i use on the bios for a locked 2200+. I'm not going for true overclocking... just want to maximize my cpu and my mb.
    Thanks

Try "load optimised defaults" in your BIOS and go from there. ;)

There is a thing in BIOS right above where you change your FSB...its saids "Enhance for Benchmarking" that raises your clock just a bit but nothing drastic. Also in your AGP section of BIOS there is a option called "Enhance AGP performance" click yes on both.
    - Damien

Quote Originally Posted by Tomax
    I'm finally getting my Soyo Dragon Ultra MB in the mail today and being that its my first time building a computer from scratch, I was wondering what general settings should i use on the bios for a locked 2200+. I'm not going for true overclocking... just want to maximize my cpu and my mb.
    Thanks
    Well as the others said use optimized default, then go and fool around a little with your memory settings. If there are pre - settings like Slow fast turbo select the highest available one...

As well make sure your AGP aperture size is half your ram size and u have fast write enabled.

Look aroudn you should find a few bios tweak guides around..

Good luck

Thread Information