Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: rule of thumb limits athlon xp's ?

I'm building a athlon system and am curious as to what kind of results I should be able to safely get .with like an xp2000+ would safely run at what speed but it might be a 1900+ or a 2100+ I'm just asking for any info or general guidelines co I don't want to fry my cpu . have not bought the cpu I'm trying to find out as much as I can about the limitations before I spend:shoot3:

Getting a 2000+ to the 2200+ level is generally pretty easy with all the right equipment. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I've got my case and my m/b msi kt3 ultra 2 the case is a raidmax 268wb : peace2:

what would you say the right equipment is ?:?:

The motherboard should be ok and if the case has plenty of ventilation then that's a start. A good HSF on the CPU helps as well (Volcano 7+'s are my minimum fitment now) and quality memory. ;)

mushkin ,crucial or kingston Ive read alot of reviews but don't really know what to get I plan on over clocking but I don't want to be to aggressive any suggetstions:bounce:

You can get some nice Corsair (PC-3200 CL2) for not too incredibly much. EPoX boards are some of the best for overclocking your comp. But remember when OC'ing make sure you have good cooling. Some of the cases you should look at would probably be the new Chenming and/or Antec ones. Not everyone likes them but they have a lot of fan slots...
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Getting a 2000+ to the 2200+ level is generally pretty easy with all the right equipment. ;)
    sure is ...anything after that...you will have to do some playing around...
    - Damien

Thread Information