Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: overclocking a 1 gig pentium 3

I have an intel eastman 815 motherboard running a 1 gig pentium 3....................can this be overclocked????:bounce2:

Yeah sure. As long as your BIOS allows you to change the settings and you have some good cooling.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

If the motherboard is an Intel made one then sorry but you don't stand a chance. :(
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yeah. My compaq (this one) has a completely stripped BIOS. Can't do squat to it.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

thanx for the replys, i read that a pentium 3 is at its max at 1 gig and overclocking will only cook it ....is that true????? if it is ...can i add a pentium 4 to an intel eastman 815e chipset....thanx:bounce2:

With the right motherboard you may get it to 1100MHz but there's no guarantee there as anything from about there on will start causing errors no matter what you do as the manufacturing process could not handle the higher frequencies. ;)

Sorry but the P4 will in no way fit that board but check to see if your motherboard will support a "Tualatin" core PIII as these can be found up to 1.4GHz (I couldn't find any reference to a "intel eastman 815e" so have a look for a model number on it).
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information