Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: overclocking geforce 3 card

thomson1968 Guest

I have a geforce 3 Ti 500 video card.
    I have downloaded the wee program that allows you to change the clock frequencies on the card, The thing is,,,,, I dont know how High I can set the frequencies, I've tried a few different settings and my machine crashes.
    What I want to know is >>>>> Can anyone tell me what is approx the highest levels I can set them to without the machine being unstable ????
    Bear in mind that I dont have extra cooling etc, I only have the card with its original fan, everything is standard.
    Core clock frequencie and memory clock freq please anyone ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? :confused:

Beefy Guest

it depends on the quality of the card and also boils down to luck. The best way to do it is to start at default and slowly work it up, test it and if it works, go a little bit higher. Once you start getting problems just drop it back to what was your last safe point and leave it...

Beffy change your av that one is messed up.

And pretty much follow what Beefy said. Just take it up a little bit at a time, but when you get unstable knock it back a little.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Try taking 5MHz steps on both memory and core till any visual artifacts start occuring then just knock it back a few MHz. Also test for stability as you increase the speed ( 3DMark 2001SE is what I use for this purpose but there are others that can be used as well).
    Good luck. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information