Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unlocking XP 1800 & Multipliers

Teufelhound, to get it rite...
    Try taping off each of the gaps individually so that when you take off the tape, you can take off any excess filler.
    This way you won't have to waste time cleaning up your mistakes around the lasercut.

:cheers:

What do you mean "Tape off the Gaps idividually"? I've tried to Unlock that damn thing 5 times. and the only Multiplier I can use is the 13X or auto, anything else and I'm resetting the Ole CMOS. I've been able to OC it to 1.7 GHZ, But of course I WANT MORE:D
    I read on another site that people have been using a crayon to fill the gaps instead of the Filler provided in the Kit. Anyone tried that?

By the way,
    Thanks for all the help everyone

I actually use the missus' clear nail varnish to fill the pits and nail varnish remover to clean up the pits and mistakes, saves me buyin' them plus the container of conductive paint I've got should do a hundred or so Palaminos (even more Thoroughbreds). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Hi all,

My old mobo bios does not have [clock multiply] option. Can someone tell me how to change default clock multiplication on the XP chip?

Thanks

Wiggo, thank you very much.
    :bounce2:

ive failed twice also trying to unlock my xp2000+ even though both have been perfect jobs, contact points are precise and no 2 paths touch, i was using Kingston 2700 at the time, but my xms3500PT arrives tomorrow :cheers: and i'll try once more, but if it doesnt work then i would be sure i have one of the "unlockable" xp's :cry:
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world, Those who can count and those who cant'....

did I understand right?: you can set the CPU multiplier on the CPU itself by modifying the bridges (that's not the problem), but If you set it to "unlock", by only bridging the L1 gaps, can you set the multiplier freely in the BIOS? or is there anything else required?
    If you don't change the voltage setting on the CPU, but u do in the BIOS (assuming you can), what would happen?

Yes you can actually change the settings of the multiplier and Vcore of the CPU without just unlockin' it. The two links posted a few posts back will give you the combinations needed for both. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

omg, thats the coolest link ever :D the only thing is, if you want to change your mutiplier then you have to make new bridges which could be a pain in the ass
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world, Those who can count and those who cant'....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information