Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlocking XP 1800 & Multipliers

This is my first Overclocking experiment. Ive got a SOYO Lite board, AMD 1800 XP, 512 MB PC2100 DDR(cheap Memory i'm afraid) I was able to up my CPU clock to 140 MHZ which boosted the Proccessor speed to 1.61 MHZ. I then followed the guide on this site to unlock the my XP 1800 to boost the speed a little more. the question I've got is, after the proccessor is unlocked, and I raised the Multiplier settings to x13 the computer is still showing 1.61 MHZ, does this mean I was unsuccessful in the unlocking proccess?? any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yes your 1st attempt has sadly failed so try it again and if ya got yourself some reasonable memory then that would help even more. ;)

Good luck with the next go. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Dang, the bridges looked good, I thought I had it. But am I right in assuming that if the unlocking went correctly I'd see the Proccessor Freq. increase with the boosted Multipliers?

It happens to all of us from time to time... especially with the Athlon XP processors. They tend to be a little more finicky than the old Thunderbird variety.

BTW... Are (or were) you what the name reflects?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Once a Jar head...Always a Jar Head:cheers:
    Got out in '97 still working for the Gov't though. just can't seem to get away

You?

I feel your pain, I just got finished unlocking my 1700+, took 6 trys. hang in there man you'll get it.

BIGJOE

13 years ending in '94 myself. Was gonna go career but Slick Willy took care of that. :(
    My Toys

Well I hope it doesnt take 5 more tries, Taking this Rig apart is a pain in the ass, I know that the Conductive Grease Bridges were sound, could it be that I need to scrape the Contact points a little first?

Why do you think I didnt re-up? Well, at least theres a Bush in the White House again. Where in Texas you from? I'm in houston.

One of the tricks for making the conductive pathways is to take a small piece of tape and then dot the contacts with a pin. The pressure will cause any contaminants to stick to the tape and then give you a clean work area for the conductive grease.

I'm in Amarillo. Was here as a recruiter in the late 80s and then came back after I got out because the wife is from here.
    My Toys

If your brave you could use the cleaner that came with kit, I noticed the vallies were still full inbetween each of my 6 ties.

BIGJOE

P.S. I'm I Dallas, good to see some texans round here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information