Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-8IEXP and Samsung DDR400

Hello,

Been browsing around for awhile looking for some ideas, but no luck so far. So maybe someone here has some experience with my situation. Anyway, I just got the Gigabyte GA-8IEXP and a 2.0GHz P4 (400MHz FSB), I also found a deal on a stick of Samsung 512MB PC3200 DDR400 RAM. Has anyone tried using this RAM with this board? I plan on OC'ing this setup to the max, and the ram is CL 3, but has a 2-2-5 1T system rating. Does anyone have any suggestions on what setting or memory timings to try first in the bios. I am aiming at getting maximum performance out of this setup, and I have the cooling situation WELL taken care of :thumb: Well, lets see what you guys have to say, any opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

bhold

See how far you can go with those settings first then kick the 1T back to 2T and that should give you a bit more. I can't really say with that memory though how far that it's likely to go as I havn't used it. I use Corsair XMS 3200 C2 when [H]ard overclocking is required. ;)

Good luck. :thumb:

Thread Information