Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help!! PC won't boot

I was trying to tweak my system a bit. I changed the CPU host clock to 166, adjusted the DRAM clock to 166 and manually set the DRAM timing. When I tried to power up, the fans came on but nothing else happened. It won't try to boot at all. No HD activity, nothing at all on the screen. If I take the mem module out of third ddr slot (it's not cas 2 which is one the changes I made), it just beeps at me. I have no idea what to do next. Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Frustrated :cry:
    AMD 2000+
    ECS K7VTA3 v3.0
    768meg PC2100
    VisionTek GF3 TI500
    Seagate 40g
    Win 2000 Pro

First thing, check out the mainboard manual to see what it takes for you to reset the CMOS to default values. The next step is to educate yourself just a bit more before jumping into the overclocking game. Little glitches like this are commonplace, so a little learning beforehand can take you far. ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

A thousand thank yous....
    AMD 2000+
    ECS K7VTA3 v3.0
    768meg PC2100
    VisionTek GF3 TI500
    Seagate 40g
    Win 2000 Pro

You can also count how many beeps the mobo gives you and look into the manual or the manufacturer´s web page for the "beep code" for your mobo...
    I´m not absolutely sure if this works for all mobos, but different amounts of beeps indicates different problems before POST... It REALLY helped me the first time I installed my athlon and it didn´t secured well into the socket...

cheers :cheers:
    [Taaroa Waimea]
    MSI K3T Ultra (VIA KT333)
    AMD AthlonXP 1500+
    Micron PC2100 256Mb DDR RAM CL2
    GF3Ti200@stock
    Detonator 30.82
    Western Digital ATA66 9.3Gb
    ALC650 sound
    LG CD-RW 16x10x40x
    "La educación no es más que el entendimiento progresivo de la ignorancia"

I'm not sure if that board supports the AGP/PCI dividers at that point but before you try that frequency again, unlock you CPU (unless already done) and lower the multiplier (if that board supports this function) as that's about the only way that you'll do it. :devil:

This overclockin' guide of Darth's would be a good read if ya havn't done so already. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

If the ram's not rated for cas2, leave it at the SPD setting in the bios, especially if you oc.

Thread Information