Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overclock or NOT!

I would like to overclock my Gateway Performance 933's CPU. It's an Intel D815EEA 'Fedora' mobo with an Intel 82815 'Solano' chip set,933Mhz,133 FSB and Intel Corp. EA81510A BIOS. I know that because it's Intel the clock multiplier is locked so I can only increase the FSB. The only problem is that I cannot find anywhere to adjust the FSB or voltage in my BIOS. I have used the jumper to access the 'maintenance' mode,but nowhere do I see anything to do with the FSB/voltage. I must be overlooking something! Is there some program I need to download to access the FSB adjustment? or maybe I'm SOL on this one. Thanks

I'm sorry but the only way to overclock it will be to replace the motherboard with one that can do the job and maybe even the PSU though few of those CPU's will get far past 1GHz. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks Wiggo,just wanted to here it from someone that knows what their talking about(not myself! lol).

codeseven

Hey n/p but if ya do want a mean machine start thinkin' about buildin' one with all the right stuff in it but your old one should be left as is as Gateways (like other brand name PC's) will usually turn into a POS once you start tryin' to change their specs as they are meant to stay the way that they're assembled and loaded so to keep warranty complaints down. : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information