Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo Button

I've had a lot of fun with those digital displays on cases with the turbo buttons. One Celeron 333 that left here dislayed it's speed normally but when ya hit the turbo button the display changed to 666, or there is the two digit favourite of dislayin' HI normally but 69 when the button is hit. :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Ahh... the pros of old computers :thumb:

Wiggo

I still have a whole stack of these from different cases for rigs that I've built.

Yes those do come in handy but finding out by trail and error can reveal some interesting results occassionally. ;)

What the heck is that ...a map to a lost treasure???
    - Damien

A lot of old AT cases had segmented displays to show the operating freq of the cpu at both the slower and turbo speeds. The display elements were mounted on a board that had many jumper pins. You had to set the jumpers according to the layout on the sheet (like in the pic) to get the appropriate numbers to appear. It was a real pain and it seemed that many case manufacturers used a different layout. I used to throw the charts under the counter mats on my bench after I used them. I guess after all these years, it's time to take all of them and put them in the filing cabinet as I doubt I'll see any more cases that I'll need to set up with them.

Yeah some only had a few jumpers while others seemed to have a hundred and I don't remember comin' across any that were really the same. You'd get a few that would look to be the same module but the jumper setup would be totally different. ;)

Yup,
    And some very creative,and down right pain in the butt locations of these jumpers...:)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information