Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: radeon 8500LE oc

i got a 3d mark score of 9160 with a radeon 8500LE @294/288 and 1800+ @ 1.68ghz. Think i can get any higher?

When I had my Radeon8500 Retail paired with my Xp1700+ I was able to get in the 10300 to 10500 range - I had my CPU clocked about the same as yours & my video card clocked a bit higher.....so to answer your question - yes, I think you probably could do a bit better.

If you haven't done so already - the Radeon pencil-trick voltage mod should let you Oc your video card a bit more w/o instability and/or artifacts

what OS & drivers are you using?

im using xp pro and i just updated the drivers and the latest ati drivers, but do u have a link or something that can show me the pencil trick cuz my mobo limits the voltage to 1.8v and my cpu to 1.85(is there a trick to that too cuz i dont wanna buy a voltage mod if i dont have to). thx 4 ur help.

it's not a mod for your mother board - it's actually for your video card
    there's a couple of resistors on the back of the card - if you put a stripe or 2 of graphite on them, you can begin to lower their effective resistance & supply more voltage to your core & video memory, thereby allowing you to OC them higher

there are also some specific points on the back of you card where you can measure the voltage being supplied to your core & memory - if you have a voltmeter

the main reason LE's don't OC as high as retail 8500's is that they're supplied with less voltage

I'll have to see if I can find the link again.....

ocgamer : "can u tell me where to get the pencil trick..."

Well heres your answer !!!

MAKE SURE U READ ALL THE TIPS!!!!

very very very helpful and the forum posts underneath the tutorials

http://www.xcl-clan.com/articles.php3?id=29

enjoy!

Suren.W

hmmmmmmmm.........thx 4 ur help, but ur link doesnt work surenw

Thread Information