Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: the Intel 845PE chipset & overclocking!

Hi there,
    Any body have I845PE motherboards with DDR-333 or DDR-400 memory out there? Any is overclocking? There are number of motherboard reviewed earlier this month which is based on the Intel 845PE chipset. Simply due to the fact that this chipset is the new wave for the new Hyper-Threading Pentium 4 processors.
    Cheers!

I have the ASUS P4PE. The specs are in my sig below. I normally do not run it OC'd, but with all new toys, I must always see what it is capable of. I was able to get the FSB up to 162Mhz and RAM at 350Mhz and it was very stable. I have decided not to run this setup OC'd because as my benchmark shows, I really do not need to. I can run all my games at 1280x1024x32 with all video settings at their highest. I am so far extremely happy with the ASUS board. I never even had any problems with my RAM, video card, no bios problems, in fact I put it all together and it booted right up. Then all I did was restart and change a few things in the bios. As always, ASUS boards with Intel chipsets are awesome.
    <h6><font color=black>P4 2.53Mhz cooled by <a href="http://www.thermaltake.com/products/orbs/dragon478s.htm" target="_blank"><font color=green>TT P4 Dragon HSF</font></a>
    Asus P4PE 533Mhz fsb board w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> Tiger Orb chipset HSF
    Samsung 512MB PC2700 DDR333 Cas 2.5
    WD 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    Seagate 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    VisionTek G4 Ti4600 w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> G4 Copper VGA HSF & RAMsinks
    Using nVidia 42.68 Dets w/DX 9
    Samsung 16x DVD
    Lite-On 40X12X48 CD-RW
    Creative SB Live 5.1 X-Gamer
    Creative Inspire 5.1 Speakers
    <font color=red>Tt</font color> 420 watt PSU w/dual fans
    Viewsonic G810 21" CRT
    WinXP Pro Corp w/SP-1

Very true, fast and rock stable...

: peace2:

Thread Information