Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to o/c Albatron Ti4200P (Turbo) NEED HELP!

I'm SURE i dont have a large backround process running, thats definitely not the problem. i have gefoorce tweak utility, so i have enabled fastwrites and have VSYNC disabled but NOTHING DOES ANYTHING!!

how can I find out if my chipset is a VIA chipset? I'll try going to the site. I tried those two guides, but most stuff in their I've already done, does't do anything, I cant do, or I dont understand.

i wish their was just this litlle technicallity with my system that i could fix and would make it all better. oh well.
    NO TIME!!

Have a look at the mobo and ya should find the manufacturer's name and model number on it but as it's SDRAM it would have to be and early i845 chipset which won't take kindly at all to the Hyperion drivers. ;)

A 3000pt jump can be attributed to background processes and/or a poor setup at first (some BIOS' have to be heavily tweaked as for some reason they just don't pick the right settings themselves). :)

Fastwrites is something that will vary from setup to setup with some gettin' good performance/stability while others just refuse to run with it and a lot of others in between. This is one setting that everyone has to workout for themselves. : peace2:

Another prob may also be ya refresh rate with either 2K or XP (do ya find that ya games nearly always play at the same frame rate?) and a fix can be obtain from here as this will act the same as having Vsync enabled. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

It was probably my fault if I misled you.
    The reason that I think I had a 3000 score jump on 3DMark was because I did not install any driver given from the MOBO CD.
    I installed those that came with the rest of the h/w like sound and video card. I just started benchmarking and playing around with you.

Its a new system, can you blame me for being so impatient?

Anyway I've noticed that after playing a couple of games (first noticed in NBA Live 2003). I couldn't seem to set the things to maximum detail. I have a friend running triplex and his system is more or less same as mine. He says that his was running fine at max.

It was then I realised that I have configured and set up all my h/w properly. Thats when I started updating all my drivers.
    I believe the drivers are a very very important thing when it comes to running your system properly.

Have you gone through your mobo manual?
    I found out there are some features that can tweak your performance from there and are different from the general audience mobo. Therefore I think you should read your manual if you haven't already done that.

i dont even care anymore, now i have a new question
    in almost every 3d game i have, it has been slowing down to an unplayable level, (about 0.5 fps) for about 10 seconds, then speeding back up to normal. this happens about every 1-2 minutes, and is extremely annoying. It seems to happen more in games that are more of a system hog. for example, in morrowind, it doesnt happen for the first 5 minutes, then it starts happening about every minute for about 15 seconds. in spinter cell demo, it happens about every 2 minutes, for about 10 seconds. REALLY annoying. ive tryed almost everything, im hoping it doesnt have anything to do with my video card being damged by overclocking. have u ever heard of anything like this happening?
    NO TIME!!

Do ya have a virus scanner runnin' at the same time? :?:

Another thing is to go Control Panel/Admin Tools/Event Viewer and see what problems if any (there usually will be anyway) that maybe causin' this. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

so u dont think that my card has been damaged? that would be a relief. ne way, i'll try that, but i know its not the virus scanner, because i disable that when i play games

uhh.... how d i know whats going on in event viewer?
    NO TIME!!

I just kinda skipped through most of the replies to this page, but I'm very interested in it. I'm pretty sure everything in my computer is up to date. I just put together a whole new machine, albatron turbo as well. but when I installed the overclocking utility that came with the cd (seemed to be coolbits) and when I bumped up the clocks to like 260 or so and even 565 mem the performance went down in my benchmarks. What gives? What is everyone else using to overclock?

i just use coolbits, it barely does anything, but thats OK

nothing happened in the event viewer when the slowdown occured, and in the Ctrl+Alt+Delete window none of the backround tasks changed in memory usage. its real annoying cause in deus ex, it screws up the sound. i noticed when running the game in windowed mode the windows mouse stayed the same but the deus ex mouse slowed down. very confusing please help!

pretty please? :cry:

well... do u know of anyone else i could ask?
    NO TIME!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information