Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to o/c Albatron Ti4200P (Turbo) NEED HELP!

Hi. Really need some advise here.
    I have just bought myself a new video card.
    This is the specs I have:

AMD Athlon XP 2200+
    Abit KD7
    Apacer 256 DDR 333
    Creative Audigy 2
    Albatron Medusa Ti4200P (Turbo)
    WD 40GB (8MB Buffer)

I tried running the 3DMark 2001.
    The results that I have gotten was 7232, which I think
    seems pretty low.
    The sites that I have surveyed before has reached well above the 10000 Mark.

Overclocking sites shows no problem whatsoever with o/c-ing the card. Its suppose to be easily o/c-able without changing the existing fan (it's a pretty large copper fan anyway).

I do not know how to check my detonator version. I have just downloaded the Detonator 41.09, and have yet to test it out.
    I used the driver right out of the box.

Running the clock frequencies from the nVidia advanced property seems ok.
    I tried pushing the RAM Speed to 670 (My monitor was snowing then, therefore I moved it down to 665Mhz.

Pushing the Core speed to 270Mhz smeared the looks on my desktop. Therefore I moved it to 267Mhz and it was ok.

But once I ran 3DMark my computer froze.
    Any idea's on what I could try out?

BY the way what should the temperature in the computer be?
    I currently have to 80mm fan (1 intake + 1 Exhaust)
    Intake is at the side of the casing while the exhaust is at the back
    just a little below the power supply.

PLEASE HELP! (Overall the system is about a week old)

Somethin's not right there as my similar spec'd PC will get nearly 12K. :?:

Maybe goin' thru these two guides will help ya out. ;)
    http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...de&dId=267
    http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...de&dId=249
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thanks for the quick reply.
    After updating the detonator XP to 41.09 and also installing
    VIA "Hyperion" 4in1 (supposedly newer than the previous).
    I had a jump from 7232 to a reasonable 10491.

However this result is still when everything is set to default core/RAM (250/552).

After reading articles saying that with the 3.3ns RAM it should run optimum at 606 instead of 552. I gave it a try. It snowed in the 3DMark2001SE test.
    The core couldn't go any higher than 260 without messing up the graphics every now and then in the same test.

Will check on those BIOS and Driver settings (as well as the registry as suggested in article proposed).

Anything else I can try? By the way do you think the fan and copper heat sink combination that comes with the original Albatron Ti4200P can cope with it?
    I mean it has a memory heatsink and still 606?? Snows?

Its got to be better than that.

By the way. THANKS for the tips.

hmm, i just sighned up to these forums to reply to this post

i have a:

1.50 ghz p4
    512 mb ram (i think SDRAM)
    visiontek geforce 4 ti4200
    40gb hard drive

i get what... 6800 (around that)

does it have to do with my RAM (can i tweak that?)

or that my geforce isnt "turbo"

i downloaded some new drivers, i'm gonna run 3d mark now

HELP! :scream:
    NO TIME!!

soggycrouton4, yes your memory is certainly holdin' your system back but I wouldn,t have thought quite that much though I havn't had any hands on P4 experience. :?:

I'm just wondering after seeing a post above that SDRAM might provide poor performance. How much does the system RAM affects the video performance.

Now that we have a dedicated processor that processes video output and cards comes in sizes of 64MB (maybe a little less here) and 128MB (guess this would be more reasonable) and even 256MB sometime soon. I mean this cards have as much RAM as my older systems. I read somewhere that the GPU in those nVidia cards nowadays are as good as some P2 or P3 CPU. I might not be surprised if they are as good as P4, I mean look at those video coolers nowadays. Its huge.

So it comes back to the question, How does the RAM in our system affects video performance? Any article on this that some of you could share? I am sure it will have some kinda affect on it as we alwaiz learn that the fastest overall speed is the speed of the slowest component in your system right?

Cheers

I havn't seen an article like that since the PII/early PIII days but typically Win98/SE/ME oses tend to do best with 256MB of memory where 2K/XP do best with 512MB. I don't think that we'll see 256MB on video cards to soon though as 128MB is only just startin' to show it's worth with games that are just bein' released but not by all that much yet. A couple of years back when most of us only had 128MB of memory we use to allocate 64MB of that to the video card but now that setting would give a lot of us problems and so we usually allocate 128MB now with our higher amount of memory. Obviously the slower your memory the slower the swaps that happen between the system memory and the video card are goin' to be. SDRAM is fine for PIII and earlier systems but anything from a Duron on must have DDR memory a least as not to be a bottleneck to the processor or video card (P4's with SDRAM is the worst form of bottleneck currently around). It would be interestin' to see the results though. :)

i ran a 3d mark 2001 SE test, one with overclocking, one without. i got 7347 and 7197 respectivly. as I forgot to mention before, my grapics card is 64mb, and my 3d mark score was pretty close to others with similar systems and videocards had gotten (on the 3d mark site) so I guess its not really that far behind, the other people's average w/a geforce 4 ti4200 was only 1% more than mine, and people w/ geforce 4 ti4600 got 10%
    EXACTLY what did you do that brought your mark score up 3000 points? i downloaded that hyperion thingy and the latest detonator drivers, but.... meh
    NO TIME!!

Unless ya have a VIA chipset based motherboard then the Hyperion drivers arn't for you. Maybe ya need to find some background process that is runnin' but unnecessary which is lowerin' ya score or have ya got Vsync enabled? If ya do then disable it. ;)

Like Wiggo said. Are you using a VIA chipset?
    I know after installing the VIA chipset it sets up some extra AGP driver or settings or something.
    You can read it from http://www.viaarena.com

Anyway I am not sure what was it that helped me do this. But I think it could be because thats the way the card is.
    Or it could be that I am running a slightly faster system.

(specs posted ealier)
    Anyway I just talked to a friend yesternite (some dude that fried his first Ti4600 and got a new Asus Ti4600).
    I mean thats just flat out hardcore gamer babeh.

That besides that point, the point is that he is running a P42Ghz.
    I forgot to ask him how much RAM or what RAM he is running.

But his score is around only around 105xx.
    So I guess the system speed does take into account when you run 3DMark.

Did you enable your AGP Fast write?
    Have you gone through the links that Wiggo provided?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information